PP stamping, assigned at SF, can I do it at SJ?

tonyGC

I received 485 approval notice today, and realized that I have to go to San Francisco to do PP stamping. Is it possible for me to go to San Jose instead? I notice on the approval letter, they did not assign me a date or time to go anyway. Can I just walk in to San Jose to do PP stamping? Or do I have to make some appointment? If I have no appointment, do I have to go early in the morning to wait in the line?

Many thanks for any information.

I just did stamping yesterday in SJC. I went around 7:30 and had to wait in line for almost two hours. Once you get in and get the number, its actually pretty fast. I left at around 10:40.

I've see some ppl posted that if you go early enough(6:00am?) and go wait in the appointment line, the guard will let you in.

When I was waiting in line, there was an officer going one by one asking what type of immigration issue you are having. With all the pp stamping notice, he asks where you live. You can just tell him you live you San Jose. He didn't check my receipt for address. If he does, just tell him that it was your attorny's address.

Do a search in the forum. There are several ppl went to SJC instead of SF for passport stamping.

Good luck and wear warm cloth. :)

tonyGC said:
I received 485 approval notice today, and realized that I have to go to San Francisco to do PP stamping. Is it possible for me to go to San Jose instead? I notice on the approval letter, they did not assign me a date or time to go anyway. Can I just walk in to San Jose to do PP stamping? Or do I have to make some appointment? If I have no appointment, do I have to go early in the morning to wait in the line?

Many thanks for any information.
There is an appointment system available for SJ office - but its only available via an attorney.
Ask your attorney about it -- I think any AILA lawyer can make an appt.

It would save you a lot of bother if you get the appt.