PP stamped but GC not received yet

Jaimin

Registered Users (C)
My I485 got approved in May 2002 and we (my wife and I) got our passports stamped in June 2002. My wife received her GC within a month of PP stamping. However, I still have not received my GC (over 3 months now). Where can I check the status or inquire about it and verify that it's not lost in the mail? I try calling the Vermont INS center but I always get busy tone. Any other number that I can call.

Thanks
:confused:

no other number. call the number after hours and get your case status by entering your case number. Check to see if it says card ordered. If so, check to see on what date. Although this is not a gaurantee on the card production, for most of what I've seen, they do a pretty decent job of updating the AVM. If the ordering date is far behind, you might have to call them during the day (by redaling a thousand times continuously to get through) to check the status - again, no gaurantees you'll get any help that way either.

Thanks v_a_rao.
I checked the status of my application and it still says that "this case has been approved and a notice has been mailed". Whereas for my wife's case #, I get "a card has been ordered and will be mailed as soon as it is ready". Does this mean there is some problem with my application?:(