Potential issues with Consular Processing

chennaicpseeker

Registered Users (C)
Sorry for posting this issue in other threads ... Just tho't of exposing my case to many CP gurus ...

I am kind of confused whether to go for CP or AOS because of the following :

1) Got my Labor,I140 approved thru comapany A
2) Applied for CP through company A (NVC issued a fee receipt on july 7)

But since 6 months I am working for a client xxx as a consultant,and I am being paid by the vendor (company B). since my original employer(company A) is not a vendor to the current client, company A had a deal with company B ,and I had to become an employee of company B.

Since I am an employee of company B will the consular officer at chennai issue IV based on petition filed by company A.

As such I can show the letters/agreement that I will be joing comapny A as soon as I get my greencard(or after the current contract with the client gets expired). company A is willing to offer re-employment after this current contract which is due to expire in about 3-4 months.

Since GC is for future employment, does it make sense to convince the consular that I will be employed by company A after getting the GC, by showing him company A's offer letter/employment letter.

Found the following from murthy.com ......

Question : Can one process Green Card with previous employer while not working for the employer currently?

Answer : Yes, that is possible since the GC is for a future job where one promises to work for the GC-sponsoring employer after one obtains the I-485 approval or the GC is stamped in the PP. With AC21 we are not sure how this will be affected, since the 180-day rule seems to no longer require future employment either.
Date : 2002-03-25

Pls suggest accordingly ...

Thanks
cpseeker