postponing the FP

arunu

Registered Users (C)
Hi..
   My service center is Texas and I-485 receipt date is Aug 26. I recently received my FP notice. I will not be able to get my FP done by the date they have mentioned. Is there any way I can postpone the FP date. There are no options in the FP notice to do so. If I can postpone the FP are there any special forms available for that.

yes you can

There should be an alternate option listed on your notice saying that if you miss your FP on scheduled date you can get them done every wednesday or thursday( i am sure of the day) of the following week.

No Title

Yes there is a option listed on the notice saying that I can do the FP on any of the following Wednesday before April 18 of 2002. Actually I am planning to have my marriage sometime in June and I want to do my FP only after applying for my spouse\'s 485. So is there any way that I can postpone my FP for 6 months or something like that. Is there a way to postpone the FP date beyond the window given in the notice.

No Title

right now I am at work and don\'t have the receipt now will check back
and let you know. Meanwhile do you have any idea about re scheduling the FP?

You have 90 Days

On your FP Notice it\'ll be mentioned that you have 90 Days from the date of your 1st scheduled FP Date to complete your Finger Printing.
My FP Schedule date was March 1, 2000 at Atlanta. But I did my FP on May 5, 2000 at St.Louis. I just went on that day gave a Fax copy of my FP Notice (as the original was with my attorney) got my Finger Printing done.

No !!!! You cannot

Your FP Notice also states that if you don\'t get your Finger Prints done before 90 days. Your PR processing will be cancelled assuming that your are not interested. (For exact Phrases please refer your FP NOTICE)

No Title

Is is like this with Texas service center only, coz one of my fiend was able to re schedule the fp for a later date with Vermont center.
That re scheduling option was given along with the notice.

No Title

I have to postpone coz I cant do it anytime before June as will be getting married only by May. And I wan to do my FP only after filling my spouse 485.

Not that late !

In my FP notice, it said that I could go every Wednesday if I can not make at the specified time . That is in Fort Worth ASC. But in the notice, it did say that I had to finish FP within 90 days. Otherwise, application would be cancelled.

You can always do you FP then file 485 for you wife as long as your 485 is not approved. With ND of 8/26/01, the chance you get your 485 approved is slim. But why not get married early ? Delay FP is not a good idea.

Better consulate your lawyer. This is just my personal opinion.

Ray