Postponing Oath Ceremony@ San Jose

writeface

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I did my interview in July@San Jose, was approved .I received Oath Ceremony letter for August. But I had to travel out of country so I requested rescheduling of oath ceremony. Today I received a notice saying that my oath ceremony has been descheduled for the date I was originally scheduled on and I would be sent another notice separately if there is any other action to be taken!!

Has anyone done rescheduling of Oath Ceremony?

Writeface.

I am sure lot of ppl here go thru rescheduling oath ceremonies. Trust me you are not the first and the last one to request USCIS for another date.

Thanks. I did a search and found many posts on this.

One thing I wanted to know is after the descheduled notice comes do I need to contact USCIS through Infopass for re-scheduling the oath ceremony? I tried calling the 1800 number but the online case tracking system had no information.

Thanks. I did a search and found many posts on this.

One thing I wanted to know is after the descheduled notice comes do I need to contact USCIS through Infopass for re-scheduling the oath ceremony? I tried calling the 1800 number but the online case tracking system had no information.

Yep seems they cancelled your oath and now you're somewhere in the system. At least you hope you are. Requesting another Oath is always been flighty. You'll just have to wait now. Good chance you weren't entered into the tracking system so I'd make an Info pass in about 4 months if you haven't gotten another date, though no guarentees they can tell you much more then either...

This is the greatest fear of rescheduling anything with USCIS...the lack of uniformity in how they process the requests.

However, do not panic. You could try to send them a letter asking if a new date has been set. Make sure you include a copy of your original oath notice and their cancellation letter. Send it via certified US mail and keep a copy for yourself. Then give it a few weeks for a response. If you don't hear anything in 4 weeks or so, then schedule an InfoPass. Or if you have time, you can start with an InfoPass.

The best advice given to you is that you need to be proactive in getting rescheduled. You do not want to fall off the radar and have your request buried under a ton of paperwork.

Thanks folks.

I tried to set up an Infopass but the site says that infopass should be done only if USCIS has taken more than 45 days to respond to my request. Looks like I have to wait for a month more before I can do an infopass.

Writeface.