post RFE time frame

ND Aug99

does anyone have any idea approximately how long INS takes to approve after receiving
additional evidence? thanks in advance.........

No Title

My case was approved after a month from RFE was received.
RFE on 03/01/01
RFE info received by INS on 03/08/01
I485 approval on 04/11/01

I hope this helps.

No Title

As my petition was filed by my attorney, the RFE was sent to him.
AVM changed on 3/27/01
Attorney received on 4/2/01
I never got a copy from the INS. It is regarding incomplete medical report. I have not sent it yet.

No Title

thanx for the responses. my RFE asked for pretty much everything: I94, I20s, EADs, passport copies,
birth certificate etc things that we had already sent. it\'s possible they lost my file. the only thing that
we realized we hadnt sent was a copy of the back of the I94 (which usually has nothing written on it
whatsoever). who knows that may have triggered the RFE. anything\'s possible with INS neb.

RFE was recd on april 10 (lawyer gets it shorty after AVM update). we mailed a response yesterday.
hope to get an approval within a month.

those who have gotten a RFE: worry not, it doesnt take much to trigger a RFE from neb. what it
means is that we\'re close to being approved!

No Title

Thank you Zakir Hussian and MN_NSC. It was promt and informative. Has eased my tensions big time. Zakir, may I ask what your RFE was about?
Thanks a million guys. People like you make this BB such a wonderful site.

No Title

Same here. RFE requests for I-94, passport copies, EAD, H-1, I-20, birth cert. , credit card statement to proof physical evidence on a specific date. I also sent them a copy of my airline ticket dated 5 yrs ago to show I entered the US legally. Guys, save all receipts of everything. You may need to use them.

No Title

Credit Card statment ?

May I asking, Do you file I-485 by yourself or get help from lawyer ?

No Title

Looks like all of our applications are with the same Officer..

they asked for me and wife: All admission stamps, I-94, Visa stamps etc along with birth affidavits in short.

they even asked affidavits for my daughter eventhough we submitted her Birth certificate issued by cicil authorities. What a Joke ?
I should be sending reply to RFE sometime in the next week..

Hope we might hear from them soon if they dont issue another RFE..

Anything possible with NSC.. just hold your breath..

No Title

See Ya,
When did you get this RFE? I mean did you hear on the AVM? How long from hearing on AVM and actually receiving the notice. The attorney\'s office I use in Detroit is always busy and I would rather go there and pickup the notice instead to waiting for them to call me. Thanks.
Vasu

No Title

approved! avm said that my case was approved a couple of days back. so finally it\'s
over. they responded quickly to the RFE (less than 2 weeks). my wife\'s case has been
transfered to the local INS office. anybody know approximately how long it takes for the
local office to process dependent applications?
thanks much...

No Title

Onelinerix,
You could try taking your wife with all her papers when you get your passport stamped. Maybe, the officer there can make you day and stamp her passport as well. Did you ever check the AVM on a daily basis. Did the AVM change to reflect them receiving the RFE? I sent mine off on the 24th (if the lawyer did what she promised, now she is not returning my calls/emails). Thanks.
Vasu

No Title

vasu, the avm is updated usually a couple of days after they receive the evidence. u should check status
on the avm every few days instead of calling your lawyer (my lawyer is usually the last to know what\'s
going on with my case). one day u will hear \'your case has been approved.\' it\'s pretty much an anticlimax
after all that we had to endure.
gcdesi, eb2, pd 11/97, rd/nd 12/99, fp 12/00, rfe 4/01, ap 4/01

good luck to all.

No Title

I called NSC AVM this evening. The message has changed to..

==========================================================
Evidence was received on May 2nd. It takes 440 - 470 days to process such a case. Since, preliminary process has already been completed on this case. It would take 60 days. A written notice would be mailed to you.
=========================================================

RFE mailed out on 24th of April. Good Luck.

No Title

does any of you got approvals lately.. One of my friends RFE received by NSC on Apr 25, 2001.. and his case approved on May 1, 2001.

Bytheway iam like one of you who got RFE for everything..I responded to NSC almost 10 days ago.. Please post any updates..
thanx

No Title

they never updated AVM that they issued RFE.. My attorney actually got it on Apr 9,2001.. as they issued on Apr 5,2001.
I mailed response to RFE on Apr 23, 2001.. (Acutually mailed by my lawyer). And Iam surprised to hear on AVM that they received response on May 1, 2001.

So,again my saga continues...

No Title

Yes. AVM said they received my RFE on Apr 23. It takes 60 days to process the application. Good luck to everyone here.