Post Office forwarded the FP notices

bbbishop

Registered Users (C)
I recently moved from California to Pheonix, AZ. Yesterday, I recd my 2nd FP notices which were sent to my old address in CA and forwarded by postoffice to my new address.

I was under impression that, the INS (BCIS) documents will not be forwarded by postoffice.

Just wanted to share this info.

Bob

Maybe ... the practice/policy of not forwarding BCIS correspondence is not consistently being carried out by all post offices.
You know how gov't works ;)

GC012002 dont get misled by the FP notices that Post office has forwarded. I am still in a big soup doing that. My FP notice was forwarded to me , and my wife's was forwarded after a week. Fortunately i got the FP copy for my wife from my lawyer. Assuming that Post office forwards INS mail , i never changed the address and my EAD approval notices got lost in mail . Had to wait for couple of months and reapply again(Today i came to know that there was no need to reapply, my lawyer screwed me one more time. Charged us Application fee and also filing fee). Second time i gave the address of my consulting company. I received the receipt notice but my wife's notice is missing. On July 16th online status for my application changed to "mailed you the approval notice". Its more then 2 weeks and i did not receive it till now. When i called the lawyer , his assistant told me that they need $150 to write a letter to BCIS about not receiving the ead approval notices. I dont even know what happened to my wife's EAD application.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Post Office does forward INS docs. We received our FP notice forwarded to our new address last month.

hemeshd, how are you saying

that you don't need to reapply even if you didn't receive a approved EAD in mail.

I haven't heard a definite answer on this one yet.. I heard lot of people saying that BCIS can't do any thing if it is lost in mail, only solution is you need to re apply.

please confirm.. what did you find out..

Those whoe received 485 RFEs, approval notices..

Has anyone seen "Don't forward" printed on the envelop of their RFE or approval letters? I've never seen these words on my I-140 approval letter or other BCIS letters.

I am in the process of moving (485 pending) to another part of the same city. It's really pain in the ass to go through the address change process.

As i said earlier Post office somehow forwards only FP notices. When it comes to approvals it does not. I havent seen anyone saying post office forwarded approval notices to them. Doesnt it sound strange , eventhough there is nothing like "Do not forward" on the mail.

RDMAR02:

I spoke with an IIO today morning , she just read out what was there on the online status check and told me that i need to send a mail to VSC enquiring about it. After insisting that i need to talk to her supervisor she put me to the supervisor. He told me that there was no need to reapply when the EAD cards are lost in the mail.

My case gets even more complex because this is the second time i am applying for the EADs. IF one needs to reapply when Its lost, then i need to reapply again as i didnt receive even the second time.

GC_Febwait:

First time i moved and did not change the address. Second time i gave the mailing address of my consulting company. Surprisingly i received the receipt notice the second time but no card. For my wife we did not receive even the receipt notice.

It's very unfortunate that

Hemeshd got into the big mess.

It seems that there is no official rule at the post office that they don't forward BCIS mail. There is no way they can tell if the mail is FP notice or approval notice. I don't know if there is a rule that USPS does not forward government mail.

Also unfortunate is that the BCIS system is not synchronized. Their database may show your new address but FP notices or other correspondences from BCIS can WALK to yor old address! How the hell can that happen? Where do they retrieve our addresses when they issue FP or RFE notices?

God bless BCIS!

Another instance

I know about one person who changed the address. PO did forward the FP notice.

So I am not sure if it depends on someone's luck and PO negligence - which ofcourse works to one's benefit.

Thanks.