Post GC question

gcWAC127

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC approved 4 months ago. In case I get married to a girl on a H1B can I file for her GC as my dependent, if so does anyone have an idea on how to do it and how long it would take? I also plan to post a similar message on the post GC forum but was hoping that someone here might have some info.
Thanks!

gcWAC127 said:
I got my GC approved 4 months ago. In case I get married to a girl on a H1B can I file for her GC as my dependent, if so does anyone have an idea on how to do it and how long it would take? I also plan to post a similar message on the post GC forum but was hoping that someone here might have some info.
Thanks!

Yes, you can file for her GC. But that will go to family-based category, which normally takes more than five years.

Hello pralay,

What law states that a PR can file for H1B wife as a dependent? I don't understand, as I know petitioner can file for wife only if he/she is a citizen.

>Originally Posted by gcWAC127
Thanks!

> Yes, you can file for her GC. But that will go to family-based category,
> which normally takes more than five years.