possible layoff, help!!!

Krish2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I guess I am in trouble now. The situation is: I am a contractor belong to
consulting company A, working for client B. As we all now the market is very bad now and B is going to let contractor go(very sad), unless I agree to change to their fulltime employee. I have filed 485 at mid-Feb 2001 and
it just passed the 6 months window. Leagally I can change job, however I
am still hesitating to do so. A few worries:

1) Is there going to be any problems if INS find out I changed job?
2) What shall I do if I get a RFE?
3) I bet my current consultant company won\'t let me go easily, can they
   do something bad to my GC applications?!!

Thanks for any help!!!

You\'re an idiot!!!

You have an execellent opportunity to get out while the going\'s good and that too do it all legally. Why do you look a gifthorse in the mouth? Why do you have to be sooooo damn nervous about taking simple, safe chances. America is the land of opportunity. Learn to take those damn opportunities when they stare you in your face. Otherwise, you might as well pack up and go back home.

No Title

INS did not bother to ask when I stamped my PPs about the employer. Any way I had not changed the job. Please refer to the AC21 regulations posed on this site few days before on this site.
That may be helpful to you

No Title

Guys, thanks a lot for the comment. I agree maybe I am a little bit too conservative. The reason is that I have been waiting for GC painfully for so long and really afraid of screwing it up at the last minute. Since VSC is processing NDOct.2000 now, I guess another 4 month will be my turn. OK, probably I will take the job and wish god to bless me for no RFE!