Pork, davli024, and all the experts

MYX

Registered Users (C)
I think davli024 has similar situation as mine, BCIS told me the case has been sent to FBI for clearance check, is it the standard procedure for all 485 cases? Is there a phone number to call and check out where the case is at with FBI? (I tried the FP numbers and they did not work). How long is it taking to do the clearance check?

Question for the experts: I will be relocated to our company's Texas office, 1) Do I have to report an address change? 2) Will the case be transferred to TSC? 3) If I got approval notice from NSC while I am in Texas, can I go to the Texas local BCIS office for passport stamp?

Thank you all so much!!!

about clearance

there is no way to find either status or details about the name check or security clearance procedure because it's supposed to be secured... the duration could be up to 8 months according to the lawyer I talked to. there is nothing we can do at this point, just wait patiently...... I am still waiting.......

To MYX

MYX, if I am correct, we have the exact same filling date. 06/07/2001. I heard your status from the above post. Your case is under security clearance. They told me the same story. As I know, my case went to clearance several months ago, but still pending. Please keep in touch and share your experience. Thanks a lot.

Even if you find a number to call FBI, it is not advised to call at this time, cause they will be curious of why you want to find out about the security clearance if you have no problems at all. It may hinder your process also.:D :D