Political Asylum

almart

Hi, If I´ll get Political Asylum, what could I do? I could working in my profession inside US?
It´s difficult to obtain it?
What´s the process and the duration to obtain it?
If somebody can help me with this questions or with something else connect with the term, thanks a lot.

No Title

It is not easy. You have to demostrate a well intended and real fear of dead in your country and prove it
Is it is approved you lost everything in your hoem and have to saty in the US for some time 10 years

No Title

Good News!
INS has started expiditing the process as indicated in th recent processing timis. Can anyone tell if s/he have received GC or any communication in this regard who has has applied I-485 as a political asylee? I think INS is processing case applied in June 1999. I did in September 1999 and God knows when will my number come.

No Title

Here\'s my time table for I-485 Application filed at Houston INS Office, TX.

Asylum Granted in September 1995
Applied for I-485 at Houston INS office in September 1996(back then Asylees can file I-485 at the local office)
Received notice letter for Finger Print at local application support center in March 2001
Receive notice letter for Interview at Houston INS office in April 2001. Interview office said they cannot approve my case at this time because of IMMACT90 that limits Asylee Green Cards to 10,000 per year. Advised to continue waiting until I receive notice letter to come in and get the passport stamped.
I will keep you all informed about the progress of my case in this board.

No Title

Has anybody from India applied for asylum. If yes, how do you apply and what are the criteria to satisfy that?

No Title

Yes, you must satisfy them that you have a great danger in going back to India. Where r you from India?

No Title

I am from Mumbai, but my parents are from Rajasthan. How does the INS know from which place are you from India?