Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Indian Consulate in the USA

willwin

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I applied for the PCC in June 2007 with indian Consulate at Chicago (by mail) and I did not hear anything back from them.

I have been trying to call them every day since September 15th and finally some one picked up the phone yesterday!

As they did not hear anything back from India (passport office?) and is more than 90 days, I have been asked to apply for the second stage which is getting the PCC stamped on the Passport.

I am planning to make a visit to Chicago sometime next week and get the passport back on the same day.

I know the PCC is valid for a year. What does it take to renew the PCC? Same procedure and wait?

Is it true that at the time of interview (at US consulate in home country) the PCC should be valid atleast for 6 months (though the validity is for a year)??

Appreciate your response.

WillWin
EB3 PD 03/23/2005 India
Form 230 reached Chennai on August 15th 2007

pcc

i applied for PCC at DC Indian Consulate in June and got it in 2 weeks.
i also applied for PCC from Mumbai Police and got it in 2 months.

no expiry date written on the certificate. called the dc consulate and they said i have to ask the US consulate whether this will be valid before the interview.

PCC valid for a year as far as CP is concerned

i applied for PCC at DC Indian Consulate in June and got it in 2 weeks.
i also applied for PCC from Mumbai Police and got it in 2 months.

no expiry date written on the certificate. called the dc consulate and they said i have to ask the US consulate whether this will be valid before the interview.

PCC is valid for one year. Not sure how to renew it.

I wrote an email to Chennai Consulate and got reply from them saying that PCC is valif for a year and it should have 6 months of validity at the time of interview.

Any chennai applicants?

confirmation from Chennai US Consulate

Chennai US consualte confirmed (through email) that at the time of GC VISA issuance, the Police Clearance Certificate should have 6 months validity left on it.

Hope this helps!