police certificates

vikkybhatia

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am planning to submit the GC application under Skilled Workers class to the Buffalo consulate. I had a couple of questions

1. Do we have to get the fingerprints done and submit them to FBI and then submit the FBI clearance certificate along with the initial application, or can this be done after getting the File number?

2. Does it help submitting the FBI clearance certificate along with the application? or do they request for a police verification again later?

3. Is the minimum number of points required 75 or 80? I read at a couple of places about a proposed law of making it 80.

Thank you for your help.

Vikky

1. Buffalo will generally accept these later in the process.

2. In some cases additional clearances may be requested as they have a validity of 6 months in most cases.

3. 75.

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply. You mentioned that Buffalo will accept these later in the process. Do they send a letter requesting for the police certificate (along with the one for medical exams), or do we have to initiate the process of getting the fingerprints and certificate, and send it to them as soon as we get the file number?

Thanks again,
Vikky