• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police certificate

marches

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have been selected :) One issue :

I worked 6 years ago in China mainland for 2 years and I don't know how to get a police certificate from them ( I was in a very remote place ).

Thank you for informations about it

J. Marches

Hi,
I have been selected :) One issue :

I worked 6 years ago in China mainland for 2 years and I don't know how to get a police certificate from them ( I was in a very remote place ).

Thank you for informations about it

J. Marches

Technically as you were there for more than 12 months you would need a police certificate from that specific locality. Is there nobody you know in China that can assist you with this?

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK or Washington Dulles

There is some information about this on the country specific information pages. Go to the following link and select China. I have also pasted the section below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

There are companies like this who will help (I should imagine for a fee).

http://www.beijingesc.com/china-no-criminal-record-certificate-service-in-beijing.html

From the http://travel.state.gov/ site:-

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a re-education through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose re-education through labor. It is important to distinguish re-education through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses.