Police Certificate?

saheb

Registered Users (C)
I just called Chicago office and they say that it takes about 3 months to get PCC. I am going to India in December last week. What do I do in this circumstance?

saheb

I am in the same boat.
I have applied for PCC from Chicago today, but it will take a minimum of 45 days.
This is going to be tough. I hope Mumbai is a little lenient on January folks as there is no formal communication from them asking for PCC.
Do you know if PCC from India will work?
Good luck
MJ1

Guys, don\'t worry...

When I called the Mumbai Consulate the lady sounded as though it\'s good to have the PCC but don\'t sweat if you don\'t. But she specifically said that "Yes", PCC is required for my interview on Jan 17. I don\'t think they\'re gonna bother too much unless you\'ve had a criminal record (which I\'m sure they\'ll be determining behind the scenes). Try applying for one and carry the receipt with you. If asked, tell them that you\'ve applied for one but it didn\'t arrive in time for the interview. I think you guys should be OK with the receipt. This is just my **personal opinion**.

Did U mail the app to Consulate in Chicago?

Did U go in person to consulate to apply for PCC???
Can U mail in the application??? If so should we get the
copy of passport notarized???

cp2001

I went in person and handed over application form and copy of passport. But they did not verify the copy against original. They said that they would require original Passport when I go back to collect PCC.

PCC in 2 weeks

I called the Washington DC office at 202 938 9845. the guy is a new guy and good guy. He told that the PCC will be issued in 2 weeks. For PCC from India consulate, they issue from Consulate, I dont think they do any communication with india before issuing it, so you can make a special request and get it. Also I saw some posting on this board saying that you can get one from your local police station and submit it. It should be a simple process to get it from Police station. You should be able to get it in 2 to 3 days.Let me know if you need any additional information

I got PCC in two weeks

I applied for PCC through regular channel and they sent it withing two weeks. I don\'t think they inquir in India

acro J

Can you give us some details for eg. Where did you apply? Did you submit your original PP? Whether you had to appear in Person to collect PCC? What forms you filled? What documents you sent along with the application?

Thanks,

AshishV

I got PCC in 2 days.

Applied to Houston Consulate for PCC. When I called them and asked them how long it would take they said 1 month. In reality, they issued it to me the day after they received it. I asked for courier return of course. There is absolutely no way they communicated with India, specifically Bangalore. In general I have been very impressed with Houston Consulate for anything I have gotten processed over last 3 years.

No Title

Hi r_ross !

Did you go in person to Houston Consulate of India.

Your reply will greatly help me

Kishan Patel

Guys in SF for PCC it can take more than 35 Days

Hi all

This is For Indian Consulate in SF they take More than 35 Days for processing the Same so if anyone is here better apply now.

I think this is the worst indian counsalte ever to come across so dont accept any courteous responses etc...

I have to postpone my india trip since they are refusing to process my application in 20 Days...

Hi r_ross

In addition to kishan patel\'s question, I have one more question.
Did you have to give the original passport to obtain pcc. Did they stamp your passport with a comment?
If you hadn\'t gone in person, do they need your original pp?
Please advise