• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Police Certificate Procedure From Australia

Fiestoca

Registered Users (C)
Here is a summary of the steps to get an Australian Police Certificate, it's my case from Bolivia, it should be the same from other countries, HOPE IT HELPS somebody.

Step 1 Get somebody in OZ to do all the shipping and the posting for this you'll need to send money.

I've checked the AUS POST website and they are a representative for WESTER UNION Check this link
http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467,CH3336~MO19,00.html

which is a wire service that we have here, it works this way I go to a WU office here deposit the money and give your personal info them WU gives me a CODE wich I need to pass to you with this code and your ID you could pick up the $$ in any WEstern Union affiliate.

Send a bit more than 150 AUS$ which will be needed for.

1.- A Money Order from AUS POST for the exact amount of aus$ 93.64 (includes fingerprint check, this is when you include the fingerprints in the envelope), need to be exact please, and made payable to the AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE

2.- A SELF STAMPED ADRESSED ENVELOPE (prepaid) to be bought at the AUS POST too, its around 4 aus$.This needs to be put together witht he documents that I'm sending from Bolivia via FEDEX this envelope includes.

3.- Form called PERSONAL PARTICULARS obtained from the AFP website (Australian Federal Police afp.gov.au) filled by me with my personal info.

4.- Form Called NO EXCLUSION form filled by me, with he consent to be checked by the AUS police.

5.- Color Photocopy of my Bolivian Drivers License and Color Photocopy of my Bolivian Passport. I tought it would be better to provide 2 forms of ID that is why Im sending both

6.- Bolivian Police Form containing my finger prints taken and signed by the Bolivian Police. (quite a pain in the neck to get this I had to move many strings B4 getting this little form)

All of this 6 items needs to be put together in an envelope, then send to this address.

AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE
Criminal History Branch
Locked Bag No. 1
WESTON ACT 2611

After 4 to 6 weeks the AFP would return the police report to whatever address you've listed in Australia, this is why the prepaid envelope is needed.

Then the report needs to be sent back to Bolivia the petitioners address this is done trough your friend in Australia as a proxy since the AFP dont ship overseas.

It's better if you send this via courier (please collect a tracking number) the mayor courier companies servign Bolivia are FEDEX, UPS and DHL they are really efficient, the bolivian mail is run by the government so is very ineffcicient and documents get lost all the time, the cost of this via an international courier is around 50 aus$.

NOT OFFICIAL INFROMATION, I'M NOT A LAWYER SO CHECK THE LATEST PROCEDURES FOR MORE UP TO DATE INFORMATION WWW.AFP.GOV.AU