plz help me out......

sana1986

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone,
i am new on this forum.i need your help plz......actually i live in Pakistan and 2 years ago i got married with my cousin who is US citizen..after marriage he applied for my immigration and in april 2009 i got US visa for six months...i went to USA but unfortunately i divorced by him after 5 months and he sent me back to pakistan this month(september 2009)...my US visa will expire in the first week of october 2009......what i have to do to get new visa and how much time it will take and also how much does it cost? one more thing i want to ask that is it possible if i go to canada on US visa before october 2009 or i have to get a new visa for canada?

i am also green card holder..i mean i have US permanent resident card for 2 years...
i am really very much thankful of you guys in advance if you help me ot please...

i have conditional green card...do i need new US visa or with US green card i can easily travel back to USA until my Green card expires?

what i have to do for getting full green card? actually acording to US law i am not yet divorced, we applied at court through mutual understanding but they said first we have to live seperate for an year and if still after that we dont wanna live together we will b divorce but according to islamic shria we are properly divorced...what to do for obtainning full green card?

hi everyone,
i am new on this forum.i need your help plz......actually i live in Pakistan and 2 years ago i got married with my cousin who is US citizen..after marriage he applied for my immigration and in april 2009 i got US visa for six months...i went to USA but unfortunately i divorced by him after 5 months and he sent me back to pakistan this month(september 2009)...my US visa will expire in the first week of october 2009......what i have to do to get new visa and how much time it will take and also how much does it cost? one more thing i want to ask that is it possible if i go to canada on US visa before october 2009 or i have to get a new visa for canada?

i am also green card holder..i mean i have US permanent resident card for 2 years...
i am really very much thankful of you guys in advance if you help me ot please...

You have a time requirement to fulfil with the conditional green card i.e. stay married. Since you are divorced under U.S. law, you have not fulfilled that condition. For green cards based on marriage, remember that you would have to go for an interview with immigration in order to determine whether you met your time and marriage requirements, after your conditional time is up.

No, you can't go to Canada on a U.S. visa, they are two different countries.

By the way, if your husband was your cousin (unless I am reading your post wrong), does that not raise a red flag with immigration if you try to get a non-conditional green card??

arite...thank you so much............yea he is my cousin............is it possible for him to cancel my conditional green card before we get divorced according to US law or before i go back to USA?

arite...thank you so much............yea he is my cousin............is it possible for him to cancel my conditional green card before we get divorced according to US law or before i go back to USA?

This particular green card will not provide you a status in the U.S. because you are already separated from your husband. You have not lived with him for the time required.

And yes, it is possible for your cousin/husband to notify Immigration of the end of the marriage or your separation. He is not necessarily 'canceling' the card, Immigration would be the one to do that.

Besides, your conditional visa is expiring next month. From what you are saying, it seems you want to take a chance to see if Customs would notice that you are separated from your husband when they check your papers at the port of entry? And then come back illegally into the country? It is likely that they will notice, they ask most green cardholders a lot of questions at the port of entry. Especially since you have only a month left on your card. Or worse, your cousin already informed them.

You cannot get a 'permanent card' without his testimony that you are both still married.

It will save you a lot of immigration hassle now and in future if you stay put in your country right now, and come back to the U.S. when you are actually legal again e.g. get a work visa.

i have conditional green card...do i need new US visa or with US green card i can easily travel back to USA until my Green card expires?

If you have the conditional green card and it is not expired you can come to USA and you don't need a visa to come back. You will just use your green card to come back to USA. Also, you can go to Canada without a visa from USA if you have your green card. And by the way, you can apply for unconditional green card once your divorced finalized. You don't have to wait once you have your final divorce papers. But you have to approve that you didn't marry to obtain the green card and there were other reason you got divorced. See form I-751 on INS website which you will used to remove your condition from green card. This form has the option to remove condition even if you are divorced now.

Last edited by a moderator: