Pls Help: RFE on Educational Evaluation

PuffDaddy

My company used an approved labor for my I-140, which requires a degree in Computer Science.I have 3 years degree in computer science (CS) from my home country. Education evaluation submitted at the time of I-140 filing stated that my 3 years CS education plus work exp. of 7+ years, makes my degree equivalent to USA degree.
RFE
===
An advisory evaluation of the alien's credentials must be obtained before a decision can be made. An acceptable evalution should:
1) Consider formal education only; not practical training experience
2) provide a detailed explanation of the material evaluated, rather than a simple conclusive statement
====
Company lawyer mentioned that this is the first time she get the query regarding only formal education, no practical experience.

Any one aware of any org./professor/institution that can help me in getting the degree equivalency to respond to this RFE.

Please advise what can be done to avoid I-140 rejection in my last year of H1.

there is a pretty good eval company called trustforte. get ur education evaluated thro them. read some of the posts in the 140 experience thread.

also, on another note, get ur h1 extended if ur labor is more than a year old. u will be in status then shld there be further delays.

Here is my detail. I got NOID not RFE and they gave us only 30 days to reply. My lawyer replied on June 23 rd.

The service acknowledges that you have submitted evidence of the beneficiary's educational credentials, the beneficiary's transcripts and an opinion of an evaluator. However, the submitted evidence is insufficient to demonstrate the beneficiary's fulfillment of the educational requirements found within block 14 and of the ETA-750, Part A. Specifically,
Part 14 indicates the prospective employee must possess an U.S. Master or U.S. Bachelor's degree with two years experience.

The transcripts indicate that the beneficiary obtained his degree in 2 1/2 years. The educational evaluation states that the beneficiary's "bachelor degree is academically equivalent to a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science as awarded by an accredited U.S. university.

The Service does not concur with the evaluator's opinion. The Bachelor of Science degree from India is normally either 2 or 3 year degree. In this case beneficiary obtained the degree in 2 1/2 years. Unlike in the I-129 H1-B classification, the qualifying degree must be from a single source. Other education and experience may not be considered.

The petition may be denied based upon the above information. However, you are hereby granted 30 days from the date of this letter to submit to this office a written rebuttal to the adverse information.

In addition to responding to the aforementioned allegations please respond the following queries.

Please have the evaluator identify how he arrived at his broad conclusion that the beneficiary's academic collegiate credentials equate to the equivalent of an U.S baccalaureate degree in the field. Or, provide an evaluation from another unbiased agency that compares the beneficiary's educational credentials to an equivalent education acquired from an accredited institution in the U.S.

An acceptable evaluation should:
1). Consider formal education only, not practical training experience:
2). Provide an detailed explanation of the material evaluated, rather than a smile conclusive statement.
3). Briefly state the qualifications and experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.

The isse about 2 1/2 degree is NSC officer calculated the total years from transcripts. Offcource transcripts has the exam start date right. So he calculated my degree from November. So we replied with my cource completion certificate and also two evaluations from different evaluators.

Noid

july140 said:
Here is my detail. I got NOID not RFE and they gave us only 30 days to reply.

July140,
What is NOID ?
How does it differs from RFE?

Thanks
eBhola.

july140 said:
NOID means Notice of Intent to Deny.

Thanks July140 for the info...

Sorry to read about Ur case --- since U could get evaluation from 2 sources, that Ur degree is equal to US 4 years -- I think U should get approved.

Small mistakes attorneys' make -- wish U had Ur labor allowing combination of work and education....

Good Luck July140

Thats true only if my labor had combination of work exp. Anyways thanks for ur wishes. I hope it will be approved.

Just wait....be fingers crossed...........

There is No presidential decissions on 3 years degrees.

3 year degree is not valid to get eb3 140 aproval.
BS means it's single 4 year degree ( U can complete lesser than 4 year with using credits -like community college cources..but it must be 4 year degree)
Look for other alternatives.

july140 said:
Guys,

Today my 140/485 LUD changed. I guess its denial. Waiting for the Notice