• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Pls Help! CP or AOS is faster?

ispy

Hello, everyone

I am new to this board and would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice for the advantages on both CP and AOS.

I am a 2003 DV winner and currently working with a H-1B visa in the US. KCC informed me that I could either apply for AOS here in the US or CP in my home country.

I would like to know what will be the difference in procedure between the AOS and CP and which one is faster? My H-1B visa is going to expire very soon and I would like to expedite the process ASAP so that I could continue to work legally in the US.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

iSpY

Originally posted by ispy
Hello, everyone

I am new to this board and would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice for the advantages on both CP and AOS.

I am a 2003 DV winner and currently working with a H-1B visa in the US. KCC informed me that I could either apply for AOS here in the US or CP in my home country.

I would like to know what will be the difference in procedure between the AOS and CP and which one is faster? My H-1B visa is going to expire very soon and I would like to expedite the process ASAP so that I could continue to work legally in the US.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

iSpY

I think you have a good chance with CP than AOS. By the way what is your case number and what local BCIS you are going to? you success will depend on both of those if you are trying AOS.
Any other suggestions from others?

Thanks for the information, pwdg

My case no. is AS19XXX but it is not current yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope the no. will become current in a month or two. I beleive my local BCIS is Vermont. Base on these two factors, do you think it will be better for me to do than CP than AOS? I am really concern about the processing time.

Thanks!

iSpY

Originally posted by ispy
Thanks for the information, pwdg

My case no. is AS19XXX but it is not current yet.
Thanks!

How is your country's visa officers? are they corporative or not? If they are very corporative then you will have a high chance for CP. Which country are you from?
I believe vermont is the regional. There may be a small BCIS in your city or nearby. they are called satterlite offices. You can find out about it in the www.immigration.gov site. what have you done for your case so far? did you send the DSP122 to KCC yet? or what about the DSP230 I and II? did you fill them already?

Hi, pwdg

Thanks, I believe my local office is Langual Niguel, CA. I am planning to the US embassy in Hong Kong when my number becomes current. I haven't done too much about my case yet since every time I check with KCC, they told me my no. is not current and I need to wait for it in order to schedule an interview. I did fill out the forms I received from KCC last year though. Will there be anything else I need to do in order to prepare for the CP?

Regards,

iSpY

I think you are doing everything alright. I am not a lawyer. So I would not know anything else. You may want to visit your local BCIS with your winning letter and ask what you should do. You can not get any reliable help from the BCIS toll free number.Good luck

question

Hi guys,

Does it matter if you send in the forms and photos early? I mean, if your number is "high", and you send in the forms and photos asap, will that increase the chance of getting the visa? Thanks.