Pls Help: CP Appointment at Chennai but Packet4 not received

vidy_nat

Hello Friends,

Here's my situation-

Today (July 4th) only I noticed that in the US Chennai consulate website that they fixed an immigrant visa interview for my case number on July 11th. My PD is current.

But I haven't received the Packet4 yet from Chennai consulate. My guess is they must have sent it to my old address in Maryland but now I live in Detroit. In my DS-230 form I mentioned that the communication be sent to my lawyer but they had sent it to my Maryland address.

Please let me know how to reschedule the appointment with Chennai Consulate. If I reschedule the interview date to say next month will it affect my GC process? Also will it b possible for them to resend the Packet4 stuff to my email address or new home address?

I don't have enough time to ready all the documents require docs in less than a week's time. How long does it take to get Police Clearance certificate?

Also my company has been acquired by another firm. So it will take some time to get the docs from the new company and my attorney is changed as well.

I apologize asking so many questions...Can anyone please help me out and tell how to deal with this messy situation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see my answers below
Hello Friends,

Here's my situation-

Today (July 4th) only I noticed that in the US Chennai consulate website that they fixed an immigrant visa interview for my case number on July 11th. My PD is current.

But I haven't received the Packet4 yet from Chennai consulate. My guess is they must have sent it to my old address in Maryland but now I live in Detroit. In my DS-230 form I mentioned that the communication be sent to my lawyer but they had sent it to my Maryland address.

Please let me know how to reschedule the appointment with Chennai Consulate. If I reschedule the interview date to say next month will it affect my GC process? Also will it b possible for them to resend the Packet4 stuff to my email address or new home address?

You have to e-mail to consulate asking them to reschedule the interview and give them reason for the cancellation. You could acually download packet 4 instruction from the consualte website. You just need the appointment letter from them. Even the appointment letter can be dowloaded from the website and they will give you the link/url for it when you call them. You have them that you have not recieved the appointment letter.

I don't have enough time to ready all the documents require docs in less than a week's time. How long does it take to get Police Clearance certificate?

It all depends where you apply. In the passport office it will take at leat 3 to 4 days and in police commisionner''s officer it will take 10 to 15 days. You also need to get PCC from Indian consulate since you are here. I have no idea how much time that will take.

Also my company has been acquired by another firm.
So it will take some time to get the docs from the new company and my attorney is changed as well.

You just need the employment letter from the company.

I apologize asking so many questions...Can anyone please help me out and tell how to deal with this messy situation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the current PD situation. I believe you still have time to catch this bus ( never know when would be the next one - it all depends on PD and time to rescedule - normally at least couple of months) . If you pack your bags now.

1. Interview letter can be picked up from consulate by you.
2. As consulate take at least 5 to 6 weeks to get PCC,Take a PCC form passport office will take 4-5 days max.
3. Provide enough evidence that you applied for PCC with the police commissioner.
4.Packet 4 for Chennai is at the following location http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/appointments.html

Rest is all easy. Though they may seem not possible to accomplish in time, you could do it.

BTW. I had gone through my interview 25th of June & just immigrated this afternoon with no issues.. Good luck

You can get PCC fvrom Indian Consulate same day if your passport has been issued by a Consulate in the US.
If your passport has been issued by the Passport office in India then it takes time.

Thanks for your responses. Since it’s a short notice to attend the interview I have requested rescheduling of my appointment with Chennai consulate. Not sure when I'll get the rescheduled appointment again.