Please Suggest?

One140Nov03

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am a silent visitor on this forum. After long waiting, I received an email from USCIS yesterday saying that a RFE for my I-140 was sent to me. I am so worried and depressed.

I am working in a big company (>10000 people). I don't think the company has the problem of ability to pay because so many people got GC from my company. My position required at least master degree and six month of experience. I gained my phd (I also have master degree, since master degree is granted with phd degree) in USA, and have one summer intern and anther one year internship at the time when I wwas in graduate school. After I worked for 1 year in the current company, I applied the LC. I am sure that one year experience could be counted to my experience.

Can anyone tell me what kind of RFEs that USCIS requires from me? Could it be a serious problem? I am so worried about what the RFEs are that I can't wait to get the letter from USCIS.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
One140Nov03

the rfe will go the lawyer/company who filed the 140.

if u suspect it is for work related experience, then i don't think u can count the experience u gained while working with the current company. the experience shown/reqd in LC should be obtained prior to joining this company.

School Work is experience

Check with your lawyer - he might know the right answer.

Actually I did my schooling here , I had an RA for 20 hrs/week for 2 years..... this rougly was translated to 1 year experience. My lawyer used this for my labour , which was approved in 03 . He stated the job required Bachelors + 1 year experience.

For your PhD , Masters with 2 years should work .

Again Check with your lawyer for the current rules and regulations

One140Nov03,
I think that the internship can be count for experience. Get the letter which can approve the internship experience. I think that you should be ok. Good luck!

Thanks for all your reply, I feel better now. I hope my lawyer will receive the rfe this week. Once I get the information of the rfe, I will post here.

Thanks all.

one year experience in the current company does not count as work experience for the same job and lc, but all experience gained as a student and internship/co-op or previous to that will count as experience.

you have to get letters from your advisors or supervisors for previous experience.

Hi iknowitall

Thanks for your suggustion.

Do you think that there is any rfe about overqualifed? It seems my experience exceed 6 months if I count all of my internship and RA in the school.

i have not heard of RFEs for overqualification in 140s. they want to make sure the experience mentioned in your LC/140 application was gained before you actually joined the job but not on that job.

I received 140 rfe: the 140 form page two is missing. My lawyer sent it on 03/28/2005, LUD change on 03/31/2005.

Don't know how long I have to wait ????? :(