Please start approving RDs later than April 10

No, we are not asking a Thanksgiving gift from INS, but asking a Thanksgiving gift from gods we beli

Guys, love your god and be a nice one and you WILL get a gift from your god. Always keep in your mind that that is your god, not INS, who controls your fate.

Jony Lever, what you regard as a thanksgiving gift will be injustice for about 50% of march people w

Issuing approvals for ND > Apr 10 while about 50% of ND March are still pending doesn\'t prove that INS is moving faster, it will only prove that INS is moving more chaotically.
Consequently, this will not increase the chances for Apr guys to be approved faster. Some Apr guys will be lucky to get their approval before Mar guys, but because of the same out of order processing some other Apr guys will still wait for the approval while May guys will start discussing about their New Year "gift" from INS.
Overall, INS\'s processing out of order doesn\'t mean faster approvals, it only means more stress and uncertainty.

small nothing, I think 50% as ND-Mar approval rate is higher than it actually is.

Any data supporting this?

Or let us analyze this from differet perspective:

Among ND-Mar/Apr guys WITH FP CLEARED there are only a few cases left pending approval. So, on the adjudication stage, the officers have to do their job moving to May/June, and not sitting there just waiting for FP clearance for Mar/Apr guys. Am I right?

We HOPE to see the fairness in INS when we don\'t EXPECT that. Life is not easy to everyone. We have done everything we could to help Mar/Apr folks out and now an approval notice for ourselves as a Thanksgiving gift is a "reasonable dream". Before Indians and Chinese, we are all human beings. We are one and care for each other. I have got a lot, a lot from this BBS and I would be more happy to do more helping.

I agree with you Henrysh ...

Cases with FP cleared make it to the adjudication stage. At this stage, hopefully, these cases will be allotted for adjudication in the order of ND within themselves. Therefore, it is reasonable for later cases to be processed only because they have gone past the FP hurdle. If you were the boss, would you keep adjudication officers idle just because there are older cases which unfortunately have not gotten FP notices yet? No! you would want to move forward with cases that are ready to be adjudicated. Otherwise you create a backlog on top of the backlog. Next thing, you would find the Center Director all over you like a cheap suit for not getting enough work done. That is my perspective on this.
What is unfair is that FP notices get sent based on your location as opposed to the ND. I don\'t quite understand why? The reasoning that has been put forward by others in the past is that FBI is too backlogged in certain locations. But, FBI usually processes FP\'s in 1 day?? How backlogged can they be? This is what creates the bottleneck for cases from San Jose etc. It is the luck of the draw.

Yes henrysh, let us analyze this, I always like to analyze :)))

Some of Mar people still don\'t have FP.

You say that instead of waiting for those FP to be cleared the INS officers must approve the cases with FP already cleared.

I say that INS doesn\'t have to wait for FP to be cleared. INS is the one who has to clear those FP and they must do this before approving later cases. Excepting for 3 days (2 days spend by the FP notice in the mail and one day till FBI send the FP to INS) INS is the only one causing the entire FP delay, first by not sending the FP notice and then by not connecting the FP results from FBI with the I-485 application. It\'s not that the fate or the gods decided that some guys are doomed to get the FP very late and we don\'t have to count those guys anymore. It\'s the same INS who must process FP for everybody IN ORDER as part of the I-485 application.

On Ciba\'s site on 11/13 out of 108 ND Mar, 57 were pending, which is 53% . The results may be corrected with the latest approvals, but this won\'t change the percentage too much, especially since I remember that I saw 5 consecutive approvals in the last week which were distributed 3/Apr + 1/Mar + 1/2000
One more thing which may change the results is that I frequently saw postings like "my I-485 was approved. This is my first message, I was watching this site quietly till now, ..." and I guess that such people are added on Ciba\'s site as approved. So the chances to be added on Ciba\'s list may be bigger for approved guys than for waiting guys. It may be possible that the real percentage of people still waiting is bigger than 53%.

Yes, this site helps us with a lot of problems, I benefited a lot from this and whenever I had something to contribute I gladly did it, even if the real and corect info is not always pleasant. I guess that more than 90% of the problems addressed on this site are generated by INS processing cases out of order. This is the "root of the evil". Without this problem we would just wait for the processing date to advance daily (not jumping chaotically from 01/01/98 to 01/01/00, totally useless) and reach our ND. We would know that there\'s no chance to be approved before and no danger of not being approved after. We wouldn\'t have to waste our energy hunting for tips about how to push our cases ahead (what/how/when to talk to IIO, how to deal with FP, ...). Finally we won\'t have to endure months of stress during which in every day one may or may not be approved.

I just can\'t agree with somebody finding any joy in INS processing out of order.

Small Nothing\'Opinion is about a view of human and liberal

I agree small nothing\'s points in the disscussion. It may better be expressed in this way: EVERY INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE COUNTED AND TAKEN CARE OF.

Nobody disagrees with SmallNothing but that\'s not the way we should go

1. We can change nothing with INS since we are not US citizens. Any govermental department that serves US citizens is by no means working like INS is.
2. We can\'t change it, we accept it, we work with it, so that we can handle it to our best and not hurt ourselves.
3. Don\'t blame anyone since everyone has a reason. It\'s no use to blame INS, except making ourselves more desperate.
4. I still believe our gods decide everything. If you believe so, you would be happy that the thing is UNDER CONTROL.

When SmallNothing talks about human being\'s ethical values I am talking here about the STRATEGY. Here on this BBS, Right-or-Wrong is not that important as When-and-How is.

Life is like a coin, with obverse and reverse sides. Pray and be happy.