Please someone

ashikaul

Registered Users (C)
Can someone tell me what to expect on an EAD interview in New York.
Any replies will be appreciated

I have the same question, but nobody seems to have any experience :)) so i guess it's u and me :)) when is your interview? if i go before u do, i'll let u know all the details.. if u go before i do, pls do the same..:)

it is not really an interview. you are asked to finger print and take a photo again. and you pick up your card right there.

why would they need passport and I-94

why would they need passport and I-94 if it is not an interview

Here's the story :)

Today i went to NYC, 26 Federal Plaza to get my EAD (card) . even it says on the letter do not come any earlier than 15 min.s proior to your interview, i went there an hour ago. (9:30) do not get on line, just go straight to the north entrance, show them your letter, and go to the 9th floor (if they don't change it till december :) ) put your letter in the basket, and have a seat :) they'll call your name. they need your passport to verify your id. they didn't ask about anything else. it was not an interview. u get the approval, have your picture taken and get the card and have a nice life :)))))

Anexis
Can you please tell me if they check your I-94. And also did they check your visa stamp or just the first page of your passport.
My passport has very old picture 6 years old.
thanks

I have applied in the last week of April 2002, i got the letter in the last week of July. still no news on AP and fingerprinting or the interview though :)

And no, they didn't even look at the I-94, all they did was to see if the name and the picture in the passport matched with the ones in the application. when u arrive there, they got the papers ready already.