Please respond

pvc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

While a person goes to India on Advance Parole , will the INS stop processing the I-485 (If at all INS is about to pick up the case) until the person comes back to USA?I was reading the advance parole and saw the clause \'PRESENTATION OF THIS AUTHORIZATION WILL PERMIT YOU TO RESUME YOUR APPLICATION FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS UPON RETURN TO UNITED STATES.What does this mean? Where is the question of resuming unless they have stopped?

Also I want to know if at all INS processes the I-485 while a person is gone to INDIA approves while the person in india, is there a problem to come back ?

Thanks in advance,Once again all of you have been of immense help.

No Title

No, the processing of I-485 does not stop while you travel on AP. In fact, very many people are approved while they are abroad on the AP, and even this is not a problem.

But where should he go for stamping....

I mean when a person is in abroad( after filing his 485) and his 485 is approved,there are 2 qwuestions:
1. where does he need to do his 485 stamping- in USA or his own country (abroad)
2.Can he come back on Advanmce Parole to US?
thanks in advance

No Title

You can only adjust status in the US.
So if I-485 gets approved while you are abroad, you need to re-enter
the country using Advanced Parole and then go to the local INS office for stamping.