Please Read who ever is waiting for I-485 approvals

Kavya

Registered Users (C)
Hi!,

I spoke with IIO this morning about my I-485 Approval. I almost talked with him about 30 minutes. He clearly explained me why it is taking
more time to process I-485. He explained me what happens with I-485. They are sending the Finger prints Notice depending on your Receipt
and Notice Date and right now they are working on October/November 1999 I-485 applications. Once they sent the notices about the finger
prints, then your file goes and sit in a "Rack". No matter what ever is about your I-485, they are not going to touch that rack, unless they
cleared all the racks before that rack. General thumb rule is they wait for 60 days, before they touch that rack, but now he tells me that it is
taking more than 60 days. Once they touch that rack, then they go through the applications. If every thing is cleared on your application, you
will receive the notice withing one or two weeks. If they are any missing items from your application, then your application becomes a Pending
application and they send you an RFE. Once they get it back, it takes them one or two weeks to take a decision on those applications as the
file remains on the IIO table. Right now they are working on July 1999 I-485 Applications. He also told me that lot of IIO people are on Vactions.
Most of them arec comming back after Labour Day weekend. He also mentioned me that some of the IIO people will be moved from October
to work on H1-B Applications. From now on we will see very few I-485 approvals, because as I mentioned above it is effecting the I-485
processing time. They keep all the information/conversation, when ever you talk with IIO. I spoke with Three different IIO\'s till today and every
body is courteous with me till now and they all know about my case. If you are really nice with IIO people, generally they will call you back
and explain about your status.

No Title

Would you please post the IIO number and what IIO means? Thanks.

My details:

RD 8Aug99
ND 24Aug99
FP 22July00

No Title

Kavya: Its confusing. My info is like yours. I did FP on 6/15/00.
one Taiwanese EB2, with FP on 6/28/00, was approved on 8/11/00.
And I am waiting like you forever.
Does it mean these racks you are talking about, may be arranged in
different categories.
--can never understand this process.

No Title

No, not that confusing. I think that one of key points in this
enlighenting info is that the 60-day waiting period mentioned
in the info is started from the date VS issued your FP, not
the date you actually had your FP taken. See, if you had
your FP done at Newark (for example), the scheduled date is
usually a month later than the FP notice date, because
Newark is always crowded. For other ASCs, the scheduled date
is usually one or two weeks after the FP notice date.

So, someone may have FP done later than you did, but his/her
485 may be approved earlier than you, since his/her FP notice
date is ealier than yours. This may also explain some of
the appear-to-be-random-approval-order things.

No Title

infosrc: Other guy I was mentioning also got FP notice 2weeks after
me. Also Newark NJ area. Only diference is I am India EB3 and he is
Taiwan EB2. My PD is 1/96, his pd is around 6/98, and rd/nd 7/99.

No Title

Well, probably the other TW guy\'s app was in an efficient
officer\'s hand. In any case, I think and wish your case
will be approved any days from now.

I don\'t exclude the possibility that processing may be
done by EB category, though, but it is probably not
the case.