Please read and help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allaboutsk

Registered Users (C)
Dear readers

I have recently after awaiting 2 years have gotten my I 130 approved thank god for that. Now here is the issue, my attorneys just notified my wife to continue process for bringing me home he will be charging us another 6 thousand dollars. I had already paid him 2 thousand dollars to file the I130 in the beginning of our case. Can some one please x plain to me what the procedures are in my situation. My wife is a USC and I am waiting abroad in Pakistan for our case to fall into place. What forms need to be filled and submitted to the counselor at this point and also can she submit them herself and leave the attorneys out instead of paying the 6 thousand to the ridicioulos high priced attorney or can we switch attorneys. And if we do switch attorneys or decide to file ourselves will it delay things or not and if so by how long. Please if anyone can assist me I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

change your attorney- most of the attorneys incl the host of this forum have standard rates- call them and hire one of your choice. Mr Khanna has a flat rate on his website. I have been preyed upon therefore by experience I can tell that this will only get worse.

I had a lawyer represent my case. She charged me a flat fee for the entire process. came for the interview and will also be taking care of the process to remove my conditional GC two years later. Which I would think is reasonable. Im not sure if lawyers charge depending upon case to case, but your present lawyer should have been clear about the entire fee at the begining of the case.

As hopeful suggested, you may want to look around for some other lawyers!

Good Luck!

hi, everyone
I have a related question.
Lets say, after the interview and we get stuck in name-check situation.
Will a lawyer can speed up the name-check?
Is it really a command name is the cause of name-check delay?
thank you

Your lawyers fees are outrageous :eek: You should fire your lawyer and either get another one or do it yourself. This forum and others give good advice if you take the time to research.

Yes one of the most common reason for holdup in namecheck is if the persons name is very "commonly used" and also countries customs in reference to paperwork that verifies info.

Your lawyer doesn't have any power over how long it would take. Only if the time is longer than usual can anything be done and then not much but to wait.

I strongly urge you to use your $$ for your family and future. Fire that Lawyer :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

sorry...I not quite bright.
What is "countries customs in reference to paperwork that verifies info" means?
Is that means depends on where I am from, if there is a lot of people have my name? or If my country have a lot of people applying for GC?

thank you

He's bum...

Allabout,

You should kick him out of your immigration process. Even the $2000 for I-130 is ridiculous, how can he justify the completion of the form, mail it and just waiting on his butt for USCIS to approve it? :confused:

You don't need that lawyer anymore. Tell your wife to get all your paperwork from this lawyer, go to AILA.ORG website and search for reasonably priced attorneys in her area. The next steps in the process isn't complicated, so a good lawyer will be extremely helpful.... :rolleyes:

I wonder if your current lawyer had to visit Pakistan as part of this process, he will charge your wife $60 000 and feel no shame about it. :mad: Throw this bum out... he's greedy.... :eek: He is charging you to come to the US, because he feel that once you are here, he can't make any money out of you... :( , except when you file for I-751... he will charge your $7500. :eek: