• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please Need Some Advice

smartkid4pc

Registered Users (C)
I am on an f1 visa which is still valid but I have been out of status for over 180 days. I won the DV lottery.
How do i go about these?

I am on an f1 visa which is still valid but I have been out of status for over 180 days. I won the DV lottery.
How do i go about these?

how could you be out of statu if you have a valid J1 visa?
& why haven't you processed your gc yet, what were you waitiing for? you are running out of time

How do i go about these?

Are you living in USA? If you are then aint you an illegal? You should leave and go thruogh dv process outside usa - but you're running out of time.

Out of status is same as no visa. You can be out of status & still legally in usa if you have a pending status application, or, if you leave shortly after status expires - but 180 days seems a lot. Althuogh, i have heard of people still get their dv visa after that long out of status in usa.

How do i go about these?

If u have been out of status and try to pursue the case in the US, its more likely that you will be placed on deportation proceedings!! So i would say forget about the win unless u wanna be taken home by DHS. The option of going for Consular Processing is also not a guarantee if u were on F1 and went out of status, remember the US consulates abroad have access to the SEVIS system and they will find out!! Best bet for u, ignore the win :(