please need advice on 1 way ticket what can i do to help

juggernaut74

Hi all well let me explain my problem,well i have a GF who is from peru and she has visited the us back in late 2006 and was here for a short visit, well now she has gotten a new visa which is good for up to a yr in her country, and she will be coming to the us to visit me and hopefully spend christmas with me and my family,but my concern is that she bought a 1 way ticket here and only reason she bought a 1 way was cause they were charging her for a round trip 3000 usd and the one way was only 1800,well since now that she has her new visa to visit and ticket and i think her poe would be miami then to ny now i know that once the io sees this she will be hassled big time so what can we both do to show proof that she will return back to her country and i thought about making a letter where i would state that i would provide for her needs as far as money and return ticket ETc and have it notirised and send it to her before she leaves,id really like to hear from ppl who had this problem and what they did to overome it and enter the us? please anyone ....by the way im a US born yankee NY:)

Being US born makes no difference, basically it is up to your GF to prove she is not going to abuse the system and basically having a US born BF would make any CBP suspicious of a one way ticket since you can marry and then file I-130.

The onus will be on your GF to prove that she is returning home i.e. keeping ties to the country, bank accounts, home, job, etc a return ticket would also help.

well i got a few ?s 1 my gf has a ticket to the us already and yes its a 1 way can she just buy a another 1 way from usa to peru but as long as she has that with her before comign to the usa. 2 her flight has a stop in miami then to jfk would miami be her poe?. 3 when she is asked who she is here visiting should she answer me her boyfrind or just me her friend? just looking to make sure she has everything covered for a no hassle process for her thanks to anyone..