• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please Important Question

alexvaneroucky

Registered Users (C)
Hi we have our interview in November, today I check the application for the 2008 DV Lottery and under the Educational Requirements, they said something like Vocational School Degree or equivalent are not acceptable. This sentence was not in the 2007 application, so,

We qualify for the diversity visa through Vocational School, in our country you can do high school or vocational school, we did vocational and it is 5 years, is secondary education stablish by the goverment and you take not just technical classes also math, chemistry, physics, ... now we are worried because maybe we dont qualify for DV, we could go even to the university when you finish, I know that in US vocational school is less time and study.

Does anybody know people who got green card with vocational school??

Thanks a lot.

alexvaneroucky said:
Hi we have our interview in November, today I check the application for the 2008 DV Lottery and under the Educational Requirements, they said something like Vocational School Degree or equivalent are not acceptable. This sentence was not in the 2007 application, so,

We qualify for the diversity visa through Vocational School, in our country you can do high school or vocational school, we did vocational and it is 5 years, is secondary education stablish by the goverment and you take not just technical classes also math, chemistry, physics, ... now we are worried because maybe we dont qualify for DV, we could go even to the university when you finish, I know that in US vocational school is less time and study.

Does anybody know people who got green card with vocational school??

Thanks a lot.
Well, I don't think you should worry about that since you won DV2007.
However, that whole section doesn't make any sense to me.
What is the highest level of education you have achieved, as of today?
Primary School Only --- What is this?
High School, no Degree --- What degree?
High School Degree --- Do they mean diploma?
Vocational School --- It's above high school, so is higher education, why is it not acceptable?
Some University Courses
University Degree --- There is no University Degree. :rolleyes:
Some Graduate Level Courses
Master Degree
Some Doctorate Level Courses
Doctorate Degree

"You must have a minimum of a high school diploma reflecting the completion of a full course of study (vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable) or be a skilled worker in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to qualify (visit http://online.onetcenter.org/ {this link will open in a new window} to see if your occupation qualifies) for a Diversity Visa."

Hi,
We are in the same position. My husband won the loterry and he has vocational school, however when we've been at the US consulate to ask if the vocational diploma is ok, they said that it isn't. They have a list of diplomas they accept for each country. So he will use work experience...
Good luck!

Sorry to ask again

Sorry, but how long was your husband's vocational school, does it include academic courses like math, chemistry, history...?

Because ours is 5 years long, is secondary education, and it was academic and technical like a fusion between high school and vocational?

Thanks