please help

HumHongeKamyaab

Registered Users (C)
wht happens if the guy has masters degree in accounting or finance and say a bachelors degree in english.

and lc states bachelors degree in accounting or finance.

is bcis happy with it.

I am also in a similar situation

HumHongeKamyaab

Did you file in EB2 or EB3 category?. I filed in EB3. I have a 3 year Bachelor's degree in Industrial Electronics and a 3 Year Master's degree in Computer Applications.

LC states 'Must have a Bachelors degree in CS or Electronics or related field and 2 yrs of experience or 2 yrs of experience in a related position with ability to use (all the Softwares and applications I have used)"

I am keeping my fingers crossed to see what will happen?

Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Jalabalajings

Re: I am also in a similar situation

eb3.

4 yr bachelors an unrelated discipline and 2 yrs master frm US in the field that the LC requires bachelors degree in.

i have left a message for the lawyer to discuss this. he changed the ETA part A without my knowledge.

Re: I am also in a similar situation

Since you have four years Bachelor's I don't think it should be a problem.

What does your LC state?. Does it state Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent?

no it was not.

i was giving an hypothetical example. i had used it in another thread where the guy had those degrees so i just used the same to illustrate.

I believe you shouldn't have any problem. Problem occurs only when people have three year degrees and when they try to equate it to a 4 Yr US Bachelor's degree.

I am in one of those situations.

Originally posted by HumHongeKamyaab
no it was not.

i was giving an hypothetical example. i had used it in another thread where the guy had those degrees so i just used the same to illustrate.

wudnt it be a problem that the bachelors is not in the required field?

are they happy if u have a masters in the filed in which bachelors is required?

Ite entirely depends at the discretion of the Officer whoever handles our cases. I know some of my friends who just had a 3 years Bachelor's degree and got their I-140 approved at Vermont Service center.

As per the recent meeting between members of AILA and BCIS officers at NSC the LC should clearly state that Bachelor's degree or equivalent should be sufficient.

Again, there are two categories in EB3 itself. Skilled worked and Professional. If you notice the I-140 form the guidelines to determine a professional from Skilled worker is given in detail.

Based on my understanding, a skilled worker doesn't require a Bachelor's degree but hust 2 years of Progressive work experience, whereas a Professional requires a Bachelor's degree with 2 Years of experience.

Here is the link to the I-140 petition:

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-140.pdf