Please help

Oracle_Dba

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm a green card holder and planning to marry somebody from back home indian. I got my green card last year through consular processing.

My question is, How can I bring my spouse back to US after marriage? I want to bring her with me right away and what visa will she come here to US?? I've hearing a lot of mixed suggestions about bringing spouse to US and the visa is called "Fiancee" visa. I dont know, how far this is true. have anybody heard about this visa??

Has anybody experienced this before? Is there any advice somebody out there give me please??

Appreciated.

Thanks,

I apolozise for posting this un-related question here. But I'm very worried and looking in all directions for help.

Hi Oracle_Dba,

The following is the question one of the chat user had asked on murthy.com.

"Chat User : If a person has a green card and gets married in India, what visa does the spouse get? How long does such a process take?

Attorney Murthy : The process takes about 6 to 8 years on average. The spouse of a GC holder obtains no legal status in the U.S. until the Priority Date becomes current. Other options should be considered for such spouses. Such options would not be based upon the marriage, but rather would be based upon the spouse's own qualifications and interests, such as H1B, F-1, etc. Best to have a consultation with an attorney prior to getting married, so that you and your future spouse can plan ahead, accordingly.

----------------

All the best.
Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by Oracle_Dba
Hello,

I'm a green card holder and planning to marry somebody from back home indian. I got my green card last year through consular processing.

My question is, How can I bring my spouse back to US after marriage? I want to bring her with me right away and what visa will she come here to US?? I've hearing a lot of mixed suggestions about bringing spouse to US and the visa is called "Fiancee" visa. I dont know, how far this is true. have anybody heard about this visa??

Has anybody experienced this before? Is there any advice somebody out there give me please??

Appreciated.

Thanks,

I apolozise for posting this un-related question here. But I'm very worried and looking in all directions for help.

Try finacee visa

I know of one GC holder whose wife relocated to US on fiancee visa, right after their wedding. So, I think it is possible for your wife to travel with you to US immediately after your wedding. However, I have no information about this visa, nor do I have any pointers for you to research on this visa.

Well, I talked to my Attoney this morning and he said "Fiancee" visa for Citizens only. But now you are telling, u know somebody who got there wife on this visa. Can you please find more about this and let me know... Please.

Thanks,

Your attorney must be correct--that fiancee visa is for citizens only. I now understand that, the person, who I referred to in my previous message, became a US citizen recently, and hence could have sponsored fiancee visa for his new Indian wife.

Originally posted by Oracle_Dba
Well, I talked to my Attoney this morning and he said "Fiancee" visa for Citizens only. But now you are telling, u know somebody who got there wife on this visa. Can you please find more about this and let me know... Please.

Thanks,