Please help...

tense

Registered Users (C)
Could you please help me by answering the following question.

Here are my case details:
EB2 RIR India NSC
PD: Feb 28 2000
485 RD: Feb 1 2001
485 ND: Mar 2 2001.

I haven\'t received anything from INS apart from the notices.

I work for a big company in the midwest. Our company recently had huge layoffs. Fortunately I escaped the first round. There is a rumor that they will layoff people again. However we have a good severance package. Assume that a person is laid off on April 31 2001. They will walk you out in 30 minutes on April 31 2001. However they will keep you keep on the payroll until June 31 2001 (2 months). They will pay us the regular pay. On June 31 they will ask people to sign some legal document and pay the rest of 3 weeks severance at the same time. It comes to 11 weeks severance. My manager said that If something happens I may be laid off on June 31 2001 and they will keep me on payroll until August 31 2001. By then I will finish exaclty 180 days from my 485 Notice date. Please help me in answering this question. I was trying to talk to a lawyer near my place of work but he was asking 200$ per hour to answer any question. Please help me. While I am not working for my company but still on their payroll, would this be considered out of status? Can I still use this 180 day rule? I will be grateful if anyone can provide with some information about this. I follow this discussion board but couldn\'t find anything concering this. Please help me.

Thank You very much for your time.

No Title

tense,

You should be fine with the scenario you have described. My company
also has the same type of severance package. They have a 3 months on 3 months off policy but even when you are off you are still considered an employee. In fact, if you find another internal position during this period, you can take the job.

As long as you are on the payroll, even if you are sitting at home, you are considered an employee. So if it covers the 180 days, you should be fine.