please help

kishore143

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Iam on H4 visa.I went to India on vacation after 1week My husbands employer applied my I485 together with him.At that time he is in US but not me.Will it create any problem.My lawyer is telling that we need to withdraw the application and have to apply again.One more sad thing is they sent me fingerprint notice.what i need to do
please somebody help me
Thanks In advance

Why is your lawyer advising you to withdraw your application?? You should be able to enter with h4. Is your h4 not valid any more? It is true that if you have applied for 485 and if you leave the country without advance parole, you are considered to have abandoned the application. But I assume that is if you are using ead and not the H visa.

I think if unexpired and if you are not using ead,you should still be ok with h4.

You need to submit your latest I-94 copy with your 485. This is probably the reason why your lawyer is insisting to re-apply.

You may get an RFE at a later stage for this. But you should still be able to use the current application. You do not need to re-apply.

Pls. check with your attorney for the exact reasons.

hey guys
thanks for ur replies but i think u did not get my point
iam not in us when my lawyer applied my 485.now iam back to us on h4.
now he is asking to to re apply.he is telling there is a rule we have to physically in USA when we apply our 485.Is that true
please helpme