Please Help

ssc_boston

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
I am silent visitors of this site. Today my wife case has been approved but not mine. My wife is dependent and I am primary applicant.

Please let me know if sombody has similar experience ?

Thanks

ssc_boston said:
Hi ,
I am silent visitors of this site. Today my wife case has been approved but not mine. My wife is dependent and I am primary applicant.

Please let me know if sombody has similar experience ?

Thanks

There are few other cases that had similar experieces in this forum. Don't worry, your turn will come... Your never know how USCIS really works....

I am sure your case will be approved very soon. Since you are the primary, I dont think they would have approved a derivate without first considering the primary. They are funny!

Actually I don't know but somehow while finger printing instaed of wrtting Alien number I wrote my EAD number . My wife's finger printing got updated on Sept 23 (message and LUD change) but in case of mine only LUD change and message still says " This will take around 365 to 540 days" Do you think because of finger printing I screwed my case,

Can I go with my wife and try to stamp my passport in Boston.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

No. You will not be able to get a passport stamp, without Apporoval Notice... Wait till you get your approval before you try for passport stamp. Let your wife finish her stamping in the mean time...

There is no such thing as EAD number. There is an "EAC" number which is the receipt number for the case filed with Vermont Service Center. Then there is a "A - Alien" number assinged to the individual applicant. These are two different numbers meaning different things.

Not sure how much USCIS relies on the info provided at FP stage.

Did your LUD change after FP? Did the message change? If answer to either is "Yes' then I think you are fine. FP results are posted against your case.

Did you try calling customer service rep at the 1-800 number and insist on talking to a immigration officer? If not, try it and see if you get lucky.

Don't Worry Be Happy

ssc_boston said:
Actually I wrote EAC number instead of Alien number do u think this can cause problem

Thanks

Should not be a problem. This is dump piece of paper one takes back. FP notice does not have other info as well ( like SSN ), but their system has all info. Don't worry. Alien # is the # assigned to all petitions ( EAD, 485 , AP etc ) while EAD's EAC # is the case # assigned to that EAD application