Please Help!!

rseth123

Registered Users (C)
HELP and SUGGESTIONS FROM EXPERTS NEEDED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys !!!

Please suggest me what should I do in this situation

Applied for I-140 with councellar processing option. This week my lawyer received the I-140 approval and told me that USCIS messedup and considered my case as AOS instead of CP.

What she is suggesting now that we need to go through I-824 route because writing letters to INS is not going to help.

Guys 824 takes another year ..any suggestions???

Thanks
Ritesh

rseth123 said:
HELP and SUGGESTIONS FROM EXPERTS NEEDED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys !!!

Please suggest me what should I do in this situation

Applied for I-140 with councellar processing option. This week my lawyer received the I-140 approval and told me that USCIS messedup and considered my case as AOS instead of CP.

What she is suggesting now that we need to go through I-824 route because writing letters to INS is not going to help.

Guys 824 takes another year ..any suggestions???

Thanks
Ritesh
How is that possible? There is something called reciept notice - did your lawyer get 485 reciept notice. She has created mess.

Anyway - here is what you need to do - file I-824 - even now it is not too late. Don't withdraw 485. Once you are done with CP or RFE(whichever comes first), withdraw other one. (You may leave it - you will get RFE and it will go down the drain anyways - if you are lazy).

Actually I didnt file for 485 but in the I140 approval notice USCIS considered my case as a AOS instead of councellar processing.

My lawyer is suggesting that we can file for 824 and also contact AILA to get hold of USCIS officer.

Still it does not makes your case 485 when you have filed it 824!

Ask your lawyer:

How does she knows that USCIS considered it as AOS. And that if you have filed AOS, how can they think (and you lawyer knows that they think) - it is AOS?

How does it makes difference (is 140 for AOS different from that of CP?)?

first of all,USCIS should rectify this mistake and ur lawyer shud fight for it..second,if this is not possible,why don't u go for AC-140 option if u still want to do CP? u will get all the info on this in the CP forum

Here are the details

Filing date : 16 July 2003
RFE Date : 1 March 2004
RFE Response : 29th April 2004
Approval : 10 June 2004
Category EB2 in RFE changed to EB3
Opted for Councellar Processing but INS (as we all know) made a mistake and considered my case for 485. Now i have to pay extra grand to lawyer to file for 824 and CP.

Well I talked to lawyer about sending them a letter and asking them fix this problem. Lawyers says sometime it takes months to fix the problem. So she suggest the best solution is file 824 and she will send the Attoreny certified letter to consultate ( in the normal CP case this packet is sent by NVC.)

puhrince said:
first of all,USCIS should rectify this mistake and ur lawyer shud fight for it..second,if this is not possible,why don't u go for AC-140 option if u still want to do CP? u will get all the info on this in the CP forum