Please help

sj10

Registered Users (C)
I got my green card approved on 04/30/2004. But last year i also applied for canadian permanent resident visa under skilled worker category for backup option. Now i am confused wheather i should continue with canadian visa process or not . can i keep canadian permanent residence status along with green card ? Please reply.

H1B GC In Progress and Canadian PR

I have exactly 14 months to have my H1 Expire and meanwhile my company has already started my GC process and it is still awaiting labor certification(for the last 2 years).Yesterday I got the confirmation from the Canadian VISA Office that they wanted to mail me original pasport and photographs for stamping the VISA of canada. Once the passports come stamped from the consulate I wanted to know how much time will the Imiigration Authorities give me on order to to stay in the US. Do I have to go to Canada in Between for the PR Card and If I have to then can I come back to US.As of Now I do not have any relatives or friends in Canada whose Address I can give so I was worried.
Please Advise
babaikhadash

H1 visa revalidate and Canadian PR

Can anyone help me or share your experience if you are in this situation:

I have canadian PR and currently in US. My H1 visa is expiring. I want to renew H1 Visa.
With new H1 visa renewal rules, one has to go out of country to renew visa.

1. To renew my visa should I choose Canada or Mexico.
2. If I choose Canada:I will be entering Canada on PR. Will I face any problem in getting H1 visa revalidated on passport and come back to US.
3. Will US authority ask, I am already Canadian PR then why do I want to renew H1. I have Canadian Immigrant stamp on passport, so I cannot hide and the fact that I will be using Canadian PR to enter canada.
4. When canadian authority ask my purpose of visit, what should I tell. 1st time when I landed by air, I told I will bring car and goods in my next trip. However, I will not be taking goods or car, but coming back. What should my answer be.
5. Will my candian PR be affected, if I get my H1 visa renewed from canada.
Your reply will be helpful.