Please help::Who is my sponsoring employer????

MyGC2004

Registered Users (C)
1. I changed my job from employer A to employer B when my 485 was pending.
Now who will be my sponsoring employer?? If it is B, then I have to work with company B for some time after getting my GC???
2. If I change my job from employer B to employer C after 485 approval email but before receving paper notice or Passport stamping, then who will be my sponsoring employer to whom I have to work for after my GC approval?

This concept of sponsoring employer is confusing to me when job change occurs.
Please provide me information on this..

Thank you.

MyGC2004 said:
1. I changed my job from employer A to employer B when my 485 was pending.
Now who will be my sponsoring employer?? If it is B, then I have to work with company B for some time after getting my GC???

--a. If A filed your I485 application and you did not send any AC21 letter to USCIS for working under B, then emp A is still your sponsoring company.
--b. If you'd send the AC21 letter for working under B, then empB becomes your sponsoring company.

You are expected to work for your sponsoring employer (based on the above scenarios) for atleast 6-12 months after getting the GC.

2. If I change my job from employer B to employer C after 485 approval email but before receving paper notice or Passport stamping, then who will be my sponsoring employer to whom I have to work for after my GC approval?

--It is the company at the time of approval. USCIS approves your I485 for company X...it doesnt matter that you get the approval letter one week or one year later.
In your case, the sponsoring company would remain emp A or emp B and not emp C.

This concept of sponsoring employer is confusing to me when job change occurs.
Please provide me information on this..

Thank you.