Please Help ?????????????????urgent

sunnyr

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys !!

I have sent my passport for revalidation on Dec 15.
My SL date is 17 Dec.
My H1B stamp has expired on 03 Feb 2003 and will be one year old on Feb 2004.
I do not think that DC will start process my passport by Feb 06 2004.

So Now i am getting panic that i might not get stamp because my stamp would be one year old by the time DC will get it .
Even that my SL date is much before visa expiry date?

which date is important :: SL date or DC date ??

Does anybody with same situation ????

Thanx a lot for yopur help !!

Sunny !

Saw a posting by Devi (???) whose husband;s case was same as yours and his visa was rejected. I think it may finally depend on the case processing officer.

SL date is what matters

As far as I know, its the SL date. "Technically" speaking, all the steps like, first going to SL, then going to DC are INTERNAL details. Why do we care? I think, if your application reached SL before expiring for more than 1 year, you should be OK. My case is similar and I am waiting for my approval too. My SL date is Nov 5.

I guess the best way to clarify the situation is to call up the DC office 202-663-1225 option 1 and 0 ..

You could ask them whether the one year expiry time is counted 1. On the day application reaches St. Loius.
2. On the day application recahes D.C. office.
3. On the day D.C. office start processing the application (i.e. upto 3 months after D.C. date)

Please let other people also know the reply you get from the D.C. office.

hello123,
Why do you even have to call DC ? This is clearly written on the DOS website. Those instructions should be sufficient