Please Help urgent travel during H4-F1 trasfer

inform_me

Registered Users (C)
hi All!!

My co sister has applied for h4 to F1 transfer at nebraska service center.She has submitted her original I-94 and now needs to travel to india on an emmergency.Can she travel and return safelywithout original I 94.

I don't think she can travel without original I-94. It needs to surrendered before you leave the country. If there is a case in progress with BCIS then that application is cancelled when you leave the country. On another note there was no need to send them the original I-94, a copy was sufficient

I don't think you can ask for the document if your processing is still underway. But Nebraska Serveice centre is pretty much backloged. It seems they are processing I-539 for December 2002. That means they have a back log of about 7 months (not a good news)

I would recommend you to take an opinion from an expert. Some attorney or someone who has dealt with this particular case.

Not sure about the cancellation process. If you call BCIS at their new 800 number. I am sure they can answer such questions.