please help some questions about RTD

tiger22

Registered Users (C)
did anyone has the exprience about how long it takes after you submit the additional documentation for your RTD application?
Some contries ask 6 months valid for your RTD, does that mean you have to renew your RTD every six months?

Any idears? please help

Can u explain better?

tiger22 said:
did anyone has the exprience about how long it takes after you submit the additional documentation for your RTD application?
Some contries ask 6 months valid for your RTD, does that mean you have to renew your RTD every six months?

Any idears? please help

Do you mean an application for a visa or for a RTD?

Yes, i mean when you apply the visa, most the embassy asked for six month valid RTD.
sorry for the confusion.

I had a very nasty experience with the Hungarian Embassy. They told me in several consulate and the DC embassy that this requirement does not apply to my "passport" (ie RTD) and to ahead and apply. I paid for the application and numerous fedex-s and in the end they declined me because of the passport validity requirements. Please note you'll be dealing with government people...I'd stick to the rules.

Good luck.

information

Hi guys
I would like to have some information about the visa to go Europe. I would like to go to France and Germany. What I have to do ? thanks

You dont need a visa for germany..to france...you can't go on a RTD..Unless you go to germany and take a train to france..that has no problem and I have done it in the past...

Wantmygcnow, I checked the German embassy website, and they seem to require visas for people traveling with RTD. If I wanna go to Germany, is there any document from a website or something that I can show the airlines that I don't visa to Germany?

Thanks, Gino

GINO, send me your email in private message so i can send you the document that a nice person from this site sent me from german consulate.

visa to Germany

wantmygcnow said:
Thats corrrect. No visa for Germany or Irish Republic..and Singapore ..

I never applied for visa to Germany but I had to get visa to travel to Ireland.

All visa applications I have seen (for any country) ask about your citizenship. In most cases, the country you want to visit will have a list of countries that thier citizens have to obtain visas to visit. You will have to get visa if you happen to be from one of those countries, and of course our original citizenship is listed on the RTD

One question though, isn't Germany one of the Schengen countries? how come they don't require visa and all others do??