Please help- Some basic questions that are not answered in the group

Ind_img

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I need to find out some basic information on pursuing a medical career in US after finishing MBBS in India. I know that one has to clear USMLE I,II and CSA Exams before getting into a Residency Program.
My questions are:
1. How long approximately does it take usually to clear all these Exams(Assuming we clear in the first Attempt itself)?
2. How much does it cost for the whole process? I can check for the Exam fees etc on the USMLE site. But apart from that how much does it cost for attending the Residency School itself? What I want to find out is once you clear these exams and get a Residency, do you pay the School/Hospital or do you get paid?
3. How many years does it take to finish the Residency ? Or does it depend on the specialty one chooses?

Any help or input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

hi
it takes between 9 months to 1.5 years depending on how well prepared you are to take all these three exams. apart from the fee you have to spend about Rs.15000 on books and $145 for ERAS and NRMP registration and about $ 1000 for applying to the programs and then about Rs. 2 lakhs to travel to the USA to take the CSA and attend interviews[this applies only if you have a friend or relative with whoim you can stay in USA-otherwise the cost to stay in USA will be prohibitively expensive].
the duration varies between 3-5 years depending on the speciality.
you get paid to work which is enough to run a family.