Please help : RFE related Question

getmeout

Registered Users (C)
Question for Immigration Gurus:

I have been hearing that RFE is usually generated for all the I485 Cases. Mostly EVL, 3 months pay stubs, W2s and 3 year Tax returns.

MY First Name and Last Name was switched in my SSN and I corrected this in SSN very recently.

My Tax returns has my First name and Last Name Switched for last 3 years.My W2 has correct Name all along.

All other are stuffs are fine except Tax fillings.

Is it going to be a trouble? please post your comments.

------------------------
WAS 02-157
Second AP/EAD approved.
FP done in July 2002
Still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Just attach an explanatory letter alongwith all the necessary documentation, explaining the name switch .. I think that would be enough.

have they asked for the rfe yet?

if not, probably send them a fax for correcting your name, before getting a RFE.... and once they ask for RFE for name verifcation (which is quite likely), they will tell u all the supporting docs required to verify your correct name... that way you would know what to send....

i had a similar case - mis-spelt last name on I-485/EAD - they asked for RFE on EAD to verify my correct name....

Thanks silly man and greatbcis.

I have not got my RFE yet.

MY Name is correct in I485 Application, EAD, AP, W2 and passport.
Only issue was SSN card which was corrected few months back.
But last 3 year Tax filing documents still had them switched back and forth.

is it a deniable problem?

------------------------
WAS 02-157
Second AP/EAD approved.
FP done in July 2002
Still waiting

i guess best would be check with ur lawyer on that..... from what i understand - right now all the docs which BCIS has for your petition, has ur correct name.... the only issue would come when BCIS asks for RFE for ur 1040s, which will have different name - well if that's the case then i think what SM suggested should be fine.... send them the same evidence what you gave SS to correct ur name...

getmeout, how did you change the name on SSN card ? I do have a similar problem, and would like to change my name on my SSN card.

thanks !

It was very easy process. I feel very bad for not doing it early.

Go to SSA office with the following documents.

1. Filled SSN form ( same form which is used for new application )
You might be filling old SSN info.
2. Passport, Visa, I94
3. Birth ceritiface , Marriage Certicate showing correct Name
4. Old SSN Card
5. Any other Document showing Old Name as per old SSN. ( It is required for name change. name correction should not be a problem)

It should just take 5-10 min to change and you will get a card in 2 weeks.

PS: take the photo copy of old card just in case. they will take the card from yopur)

Hope this helps!

you should be fine

I had my name first and last name switched in SSN and IRS forms. My w2 was OK. I went to SSN office after applying I485 and got a new card. Also, I filed my new tax forms with correct names. I got my approval with no RFE.

thanks dev02!

when did your i485 got approved?

I guess if you don't have RFE, then you won't have any problem.

did u file the latest tax with corrected name?

Originally posted by getmeout
thanks dev02!

when did your i485 got approved?

I guess if you don't have RFE, then you won't have any problem.

did u file the latest tax with corrected name?

I e-filed my last year federal tax with correct first and last names but for CA tax, I needed new PIN since name is changed, I had to mail it.