Please HELP, RFE/NOID on 485, RFE receipt not received yet

maine76

Registered Users (C)
guys please help me..

on August 16th 2007 the online system says that they have sent RFE, I have not received it till today, members can you please let me know how long it will take to get the actual RFE by mail.

When I called IO using POJ (directly talking to IO) method they said they have sent it to my current address which is on the file and the IO also confirmed the address where the RFE was sent, I am very scared, I am working on EAD, In 2006 I had already invoked AC21. I dont know whether it's a RFE or NOID, NOID will have 30 days to answer, it's already been 6 days I have not yet received the actual RFE.

I do not have any attorney / lawfirm on record for our I485's, I also did file AC21 by myself.

I also asked IO whether is it a RFE / intent to deny notice, she said RFE, an other IO said some issue with I140. Well I have already sent in AC21 in 2006, am not sure whether the AC21 docs that I sent are in my file.

Am not sure too, even if they have AC21 docs will they send RFE / NOID?

The online status message says "Request for evidence" is there a different message for NOID?

guys please let me know how long it will take to get the actual RFE by mail. I guess it's a regular mail that they use, on the other hand USCIS mailed my approved AP which I received in 3 days

sounds like RFE on your new Emplyment Status. If you have the correct address on the case, in a week. Expect by today or tomorrow. Also, if you ever had a attorney previously, check with them too.

Thanks Spulla, Does anyone know what is the online case status message for NOID and RFE. are they both same? OR NOID will have a different status message then RFE OR NOID will not have any status messgae

Dont worry toomuch..

you will get on 23rd or 24th August based on my recent letters from USICS

I got trafer notice exactly on 9th after transfer. So for you it will be like 23d or 24th.

I am on positive side...

Yesterday I called them, IO said I have 30 days to answer, but she did not say what the RFE is, I mentioned IO to resend the RFE notice, today morning I see the below status message

On August 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

I really dont understand USCIS, dont they have FAX-in / FAX-out system for RFE's? also why should they not say what the RFE is to the applicant.

now am very frustrated for the RFE mail not receiving in time, as I have only 23 days left for them to receive my response.

I think you should take Infopass appnt with local immigration office.if u live in maine, that would be in portland. They are very nice over there, u will get the right answer.
Hope that helps
good luck:)
Yesterday I called them, IO said I have 30 days to answer, but she did not say what the RFE is, I mentioned IO to resend the RFE notice, today morning I see the below status message

On August 22, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

I really dont understand USCIS, dont they have FAX-in / FAX-out system for RFE's? also why should they not say what the RFE is to the applicant.

now am very frustrated for the RFE mail not receiving in time, as I have only 23 days left for them to receive my response.

maine76 , If TSC issue you a RFE on 22nd it may take a week ( i.e. on 28-29 ) to receive RFE. in my case my lawyer received RFE exactly after a week.

Also you may want to confirm your lawyer address on your file. You can call TSC and findout which adress they have on your file. Common issue with RFE is, sent to old lawyer/old address. If you have changed the lawyer you may want to ask your old lawyer to watch for RFE.

maine76,
As everyone say in this thread, your lawyer who filed your 485 Applicaiton will receive a copy of the notice for sure. Check with him if you can. I live in North Carolina and as per USCIS, they have send me an response to my SR on August 16 and I havent receive it yet. Dont get panic, try to gather the documentations that you think RFE is for, like Medical Examinations, Employment Letters, etc and keep it ready so that you do not waste time after receiving the RFE notice. Infopass would help you too to find the RFE about.

maine76,

don't panic..send a FAX on this number 214-962-2632, describing your issues..
they will have to take action the matter on priority if you provide enough evidence.