Please help!!! Request for Evidence -- 2011 income tax return

OMFSmolar

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I filed GC application in October. I received a Request for Evidence from USCIS in December asking for the most recent year's income tax info because my husband just started working in July 2011. We did not have any income before July 2011.

I received his W2 this Wednesday and I e-filed our tax return on IRS.org. Now the e-file has been approved.

So all I need to do is to print out FORM 1040 US individual Income tax return and mail it to USCIS, is that correct?? It shows our gross income which is above the poverty line. That also means I do not need a second sponsor, is that correct?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi everyone,

I filed GC application in October. I received a Request for Evidence from USCIS in December asking for the most recent year's income tax info because my husband just started working in July 2011. We did not have any income before July 2011.

I received his W2 this Wednesday and I e-filed our tax return on IRS.org. Now the e-file has been approved.

So all I need to do is to print out FORM 1040 US individual Income tax return and mail it to USCIS, is that correct?? It shows our gross income which is above the poverty line. That also means I do not need a second sponsor, is that correct?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I think USCIS wants to know if you filed taxes ofr 3 years, the latest one should be above the poverty line requirement. if you do not meet the requirement, then you will need a secoundary sponsor. as long as you meet the poverty requirement and filed some king of tax returns in past 2yrs , you should be good.

RFE Tax Return 2012

Hey everyone! I have a similar RFE!
Literary they request "Submit a complete Federal Tax Return submitted to the IRS from the petitioner/sponsor(my wife) on I-864, for the most recent year." (and they give me 87 days deadline)

I think is because we sent all of my documents before we got the taxs of 2012, so we submitted (Tax return transcript + W2 + 1099) but for the year 2011 on the form I-864. Basically was every tax and income about my wife, because I'm not able to work yet, even that we created a joint account and I got my ITIN number!

She have an amazing behave with all of those things and really good income. Thats not a problem.

So they need proof of 2012...

My questions are:

1) they give me 87 days, thats mean that I need to request to IRS the Copy of every forms that we submitted to process her 2012 tax (takes 60 days to IRS send you back that)?

Or just the tax return transcript (take 5-10 days) + W2 its enough proof for the RFE?

2) should we send both things? Copy of Tax return (previous documentation filled to IRS) and tax return transcript?

Here is the problem we have a copy of all of those form that we submitted to IRS, we did it in person because I didnt have ITIN number at that time, so in the office the agent made some changes, basically she changed my name from the priority and wrote down the 2nd line because Im not the number 1 LOL, was a mistake from our tax guy... so we didnt make a copy right there so now we have an old hard copy...

if you guys think that we really need to wait 60 days for those papers I will cry...

Thank you in advance!