Please help!! regarding the status

shanti

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Here is the case. I am the primary applicant for GC. My Husband was on F1 and he joined the practical training and I came on F2 visa initially. He was issued practical training for 4 months and than he did not get the rest of the practial training approved in time as there was a delay in processing the application. There was a gap of 1 week where he did not work. At that time what was his status as well as what would have been my status. There after he got his H1 approved from the the same company where he had his practical traingin done. I got an H4 at that time. Then I changed to H1 as I got a job and after 1 year I left the company due to personal reasons. Than I immidiately converted myself to h4 and then after 2 months again got a job. And this company is sponsoring my GC. What my questions to you is what was the status of me while my husband was on practical training. My 485 is pending and my details are:

RD 08/06/01
ND 09/14/01
Fp 03/15/02

I am waiting for my approval. My h1 has expired and I am on EAD.
How is the status checked by INS??? Is it from the last date of entry to US or they check your entire stay in US. Any respone will be highly apreciated.
:confused: