Please help regarding I-134. Urgent!!

vmanish

Registered Users (C)
At present I am in India on vacation and my CP interview has been scheduled. I am the primary applicant for employement based GC and my wife as secondary. Please let me know if I need to have I-134. If so, how do I get from here in India and it requires notarized from US public notary. I asked my attorney and he said he can not do that as I need to there in fron of him for signature.

I will appreciate any suggestion about this.

Thanks

-vmn

At present I am in India on vacation and my CP interview has been scheduled. I am the primary applicant for employement based GC and my wife as secondary. Please let me know if I need to have I-134. If so, how do I get from here in India and it requires notarized from US public notary. I asked my attorney and he said he can not do that as I need to there in fron of him for signature.

I will appreciate any suggestion about this.

Thanks

-vmn

Hi,

My understanding is I-134 is required for all employment based immigration petitions. I think you can get it notarized in any US consulate.

I was never asked to fill I-134 for my wife and daughter at any stage. My case is also employment based. Do I need it during my CP interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
cpforusa
If ur wife and kids are dependents then u will need to file for I-134 for the CP. Also I think if I am not wrong, for each dependent u need seperate I-134. Please correct me if I am wrong.

NJBLUE thank

Can I just fill the I-134 form and during interview if being asked, show it to them and let them notarize it or do I need to go to consulate to get it notarized prior to interview? if so I don't know if consulate will let any body enter inside for this purpose?

any idea wat to do?

-vmn
Hi,

My understanding is I-134 is required for all employment based immigration petitions. I think you can get it notarized in any US consulate.

Can I just fill the I-134 form and during interview if being asked, show it to them and let them notarize it or do I need to go to consulate to get it notarized prior to interview? if so I don't know if consulate will let any body enter inside for this purpose?

any idea wat to do?

-vmn

I don't think you can ask the consulate to notarize during the interview and you should get it done before the interview. Please call the consulate to find out how to get it notarize prior to the interview. I have read some where that Chennai consulate even accepted non notarized copy.

Thanks

I-134 is mandatory for all dependents. I had gone to VFS Mumbai and they saw it and returned it to me for my final interview.

THe lady said get it without fail at the time of the interview.

Kp

Question 10 on I-134

can anybody help me filling out answer for question 10 on I-134. I am on employment based GC and my wife is secondry applicant.

Question 10. - That I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

Thanks

-vmn

vmanish,
If u have not submitted any visa petition for any other person in past or sponsored any person for usa then the answer is none. For your family u are already submitting the I-134 so this question is for any other persons in past.

I-134 or I-864?

I thought we need to notarise I-864 for dependents. Am I wrong on this? My attorney asked me to complete and notarize 864 for my wife for filing 485.

vmanish,
If u have not submitted any visa petition for any other person in past or sponsored any person for usa then the answer is none. For your family u are already submitting the I-134 so this question is for any other persons in past.

I 134

for all Cp interviews you need I 134 for all the dependants. I f you are in india the consular office can notarise it for you.

Thanks Sudmoni

I have filled my wife name for question # 10 as she is secondary applicant and I will be the sponser. I could not think if this is asking about past. Is this going to be an issue?

I went to New Delhi Embassy for Notarization of my I-134. At the gate ask the guard for Notary public service and he let me go inside consulate with a paper token. Inside embassy, I went to "American citizen services" area and there public notary notarize my I-134 without looking at the document content :) and yes he didn't charge $$. When I ask if there is any fee, then he told that since this doc has been asked by US, so we don't charge any fee. Very helpfull people there.

-vmn
vmanish,

I have filled my wife name for question # 10 as she is secondary applicant and I will be the sponser. I could not think if this is asking about past. Is this going to be an issue?

I went to New Delhi Embassy for Notarization of my I-134. At the gate ask the guard for Notary public service and he let me go inside consulate with a paper token. Inside embassy, I went to "American citizen services" area and there public notary notarize my I-134 without looking at the document content :) and yes he didn't charge $$. When I ask if there is any fee, then he told that since this doc has been asked by US, so we don't charge any fee. Very helpfull people there.

-vmn
Glad to see that you are able to get it notarize before the interview. When is your interview?

Thanks

-vmn

Vmanish,
According to My lawyer question 10 the answer is none because u have already mentioned about your wife in earlier question in I-134 . Other Gurus please comment if u have any other suggestions.

I have used one I have found on UCIS website which expires on 4/2007. I don't think this will be an issue as they have not published the new form yet.

I filed my wofe's name for question 10. I don't know if this wil make a big issue and they should understand the confusion.

I am spending most of my time getting PCC from passport and police station now, which is a big hurdle to cross :(

-vmn

vmanish,
Which form u are using for I-134? because USCIS website says this form expires 4/07.