Please Help - Port Of Entry experience

b_boy

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I need some help / Advise, please provide your inputs.

I work on EAD and travel using Advance parole, I do not have H1, my I485 is pending since 2004

During september 1st week my attorney has responded to the "Employment history since last lawful admission" RFE, during september 2nd week on the online case status I saw RFE response received, after seeing that message, On friday I drove to canada for 2 days for a meeting, nothing was asked at the canadian port of entry, while returning back to US at the POE, I was asked to goto "secondary inspection"

I was asked many questions

Q. what is your status?
A. AOS

Q. Are you travelling on AP since 2 years?
A. Yes, I have travelled only 2 times to INDIA since 2 years

Q. who do u work for?
A. Company B

Q. Who is your immigrant petitoner?
A. Company A

I asked the POE officer, do you need an employment verfication letter from my current company, he said NO

He went with another 2 POE/CBP officers, sat infront of a computer for 30 minutes and they were talking about me, why is he working for a different employer other than immigrant petitoner, why is he travelling on AP, how come CIS is not looking in to these issues. (I assume they do not know about AC21)

Finally, they took index finger prints, photo, stamped my AP, passport and gave a I-94. I-94 costs 6$.

I asked them do you have any questions for me, they said NO.

I came home and saw an LUD on my 485, I assume it was because of the POE/CBP officers, and today I see LUD on mine and my spouse 485's.

I assume they do not know about AC21, Should I be worried? Please help

Thanks for sharing this experience. I have known thro' my own and others experience that POE officers at most land border stations are not that knowledgable !

Question: Why did they issue you a new I-94 if you already had one ? Also you travelled for less than 30 days!

Wonder why they took 30 min to figure what's happening :)

b_boy,

Most of the new officers are not well versed with the current rules and procedures as much as most of do. That's unfortunate. But the good thing is that they might flagged your case and now it may have been picked up by an IO. Hope that works out well for you if you get an approval.

Nothing to worry as long as you do not lie (which I hope you did not). Wish you good luck.

sail1

I had put my old I-94 in an other pouch, it was not attached to the passport, so at the port of Entry in US they did not ask for my old I-94 so I did not show it. (may be that was my mistake, at canadian port they did not take my old i-94)

at the US POE they took more than 30 minutes, I am not sure what they were doing, but all I could see was 3 people were sitting to-gether on 1 PC and doing something.

the other scary part is I see LUD on my spouse 485's today, why should her application have an LUD, I don't understand.

I got a very bad treatment at the POE, as soon as I came to the secondary inspection one of the oficer was saying "Check his documents clearly and completely" why should they see me as a suspect? Just because I travel on Advance Parole. What is wrong in changing jobs? I really dont understand.

question on i94

hi,
planning to travel outside states on advance parole, my question is before u leave states u usually give ur i94"s (which for me is expired) to the airlines -so what i 94 r u talking about giving to the POE officer?

kindly explain this is my first time travelling using AP doc

thanks
anu

I have travelled on AP couple of times to India, no issues at all, This is the first time I was asked questions when I entered US from canada by ROAD.

I did not fly to canada, I drove to canada and drove back to US.

When you fly from any US international Airports your I-94 will be taken out, it does not matter whether your I-94 was valid / expired, and when you enter US you will be given a new I-94.

But in my case as I drove to Canada, My I-94 was still with me, when I came back I was asked all the above questions.