Please Help N400 & I-751 Petitions

P Desai

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I hope someone can assist me. Recently I moved from Philadelphia to NC. I have two pending petitions w/ INS (n40 & i-751) before we moved we completed fingerprints for N400 in philadelphia on January 7,2005. Then I received a letter for my wife’s N-400 application informing us to appear for an interview at the Baltimore office on March 10, 2005.
Being fully prepared for the interview we appeared as required by the scheduled date. The INS officer whose name I did not get informed that she will be conducting two interviews with us simultaneously, for I-751 and N-400. We felt helpless at this point since the letter stipulated an interview for N-400 only and we did not have any supporting documents with us on that day for an I-751 interview. The lady officer asked us to show my wife’s proof of residency for the state of Maryland which we could not provide since we had recently relocated to another state. We tried to explain to the INS officer that our employment conditions had required us to relocate, however she showed no interest in hearing our explanation and had decided to get rid of us immediately. This behavior by the lady officer made us feel extremely uncomfortable since no formal notification was sent to us requiring that we bring supporting documents for the I-751 interview. We filled Ar 11 and seeked local senator's assistance in transferring our files to Charlotte, NC. As of March 30,2005 our files are siting in Charlotte collecting dusts. I have not heard anything, and it's sad that local senator's office cannot helps anymore either. They are saying, the office is so backlogged that the earliest they have opening for interview date is sometimes in fall 2005. Isn't that ridiculous, we are in final stage and have to wait 8-9mnths for stupid interview. Oh I am so disgusted and frustrated w/INS. Any suggestion or ideas how can I expediate this petitions so that I can move one w/my life. I have business deal in another state that's about to fall thru because of this obstacle. Thank you, kindly. I look forward to your response. Good Luck w/ Government issues. I feel for you. It so sad that local congressional offices fails to believe in it's constituency and takes INS's side. It's all BS, there is no help. I guess, we have to let our fait decide.