Please Help N400 Fingerprint issues Thanks

jimmy777777

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone I need your experience for fingerpint questions

1) What's fingerprint for ? Keep in my INS file or background check or something else ?

2) Do INS or me have to FBI fingerprint clearance ? If so when it will be done ? before interview or after interview ? Thanks

3) I am living in Dallas , Texas . Could you provide any location information where I could do my INS fingerprint ? Address or telephone number will be very helpful .

If you could help me answer anyone of these questions I will highly appreciated it !

Thanks again / Jimmy

All you do is get fingerprinted, no questions asked!!. You will receive a letter with date and time just take that letter with your 'Green card'.

More than likely, this location with be contracted out by USCIS for getting your fingerprints. Fingerprints are taken using a BIOMETRIC m/c (computers) and are sent to FBI for clearance immediately. FBI will check to make sure there is no criminal background and will send the response back to USCIS within one business day.

This is before interview and your fingerprints are valid for a year.

Originally posted by jimmy777777
Hi everyone I need your experience for fingerpint questions

1) What's fingerprint for ? Keep in my INS file or background check or something else ?

2) Do INS or me have to FBI fingerprint clearance ? If so when it will be done ? before interview or after interview ? Thanks

3) I am living in Dallas , Texas . Could you provide any location information where I could do my INS fingerprint ? Address or telephone number will be very helpful .

If you could help me answer anyone of these questions I will highly appreciated it !

Thanks again / Jimmy

1) FP is to determine if you are in some govt database or a criminal or even a suspect etc...

2) As PD says, FP is compulsory and automatic. It will be done in about 2 months after you get AR (atleast in Philly)

3) Wait for the notice....:D

I think fingerprints are valid for 15 months. I read about this in previous discussions. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

hm11, you are right. Found this at murthy.com

Question 2. I applied for citizenship 9 months ago, but have not received a fingerprint notice yet. Is this normal? How long does it usually take for fingerprints? Is there an expiration rule for fingerprints? TOP

Citizenship processing times vary widely depending upon location. It is not unusual that you have not yet received the fingerprint notice but it is generally a good idea to inquire with the office where one filed one's citizenship to check on the status of the case.

With respect to expiration of fingerprints, generally the fingerprints are considered good for at least 15 months. After that point, if the naturalization case still has not been completed, the applicant may be asked to do the prints again.

Thanks a lot dude !

Originally posted by phillydude
All you do is get fingerprinted, no questions asked!!. You will receive a letter with date and time just take that letter with your 'Green card'.

More than likely, this location with be contracted out by USCIS for getting your fingerprints. Fingerprints are taken using a BIOMETRIC m/c (computers) and are sent to FBI for clearance immediately. FBI will check to make sure there is no criminal background and will send the response back to USCIS within one business day.

This is before interview and your fingerprints are valid for a year.