please help me solve this 485 puzzle

esme long

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with an IIO today regarding my 485 and was told that no decision has been made. What puzzles me was that two weeks ago I talked to another IIO and was told that my file was sent to the examiner\'s area--which sounded like a good progress to me. But today\'s IIO said that her record showed no such notation.
My question to the group: have you experienced or heard stories about 485 files being sent to the examiners\' area and then pushed back?

My details:
EB2
PD 6/98
RD 3/27/00
ND 4/12/00
FP 12/26/00 (Chicago)

Thanks.

No Title

\'no decision made\' does not mean \'file pushed back\'. Its just that no decision has been made yet!!

No Title

When I called INS on Apr 12th, IIO said that my file is also moved to examinar area but has not assigned to officer. I haven\'t called again to check on my file. I will wait for another 2 weeks before checking on my file again. Do you know on what date they moved your file? I will let you know on my file status, please do the same.

NSC, India, EB3, PD: June 20, 1997, ND: Feb 20, 2000, FP: Dec 26, 2000, LIN 00 095 xxxxx AP : waiting for approval

No Title

The first time I was told that my case was sent to the "examiners\' area" on March 28th. Two weeks after I was told again that the file was sent to the examiners\' area on April 12th. But when I called April 29th, I was told that the file was not sent to the examiners area and there was no record showing that it ever was sent. I spoke with my attorney and she said the IIOs are often contradicting each other\'s remarks and I shall just wait patiently.

My details:
NSC, China, EB2. PD: June 1998, ND:3/27/00, FP: 12/26/00. LIN: 00-139-

Thanks.

No Title

esme long,

I know how disappointing it would be if IIOs keep telling whatever they like, but in this case that is how it is. I took lot of crap from IIOs, To ease you from this frustration, I am telling you my story, so you can feel that you are not alone. My ND is 4/26/00 not too far from yours, just 10 working days... I called IIO on Apr 6th \'01 and was told that my case was with an officer as of 4/5/01, and I called back on 4/12 to see if it is approved, I was told that the case is not with an officer anymore, it is with a clerk and I might expect an RFE. well nothing happenned and hence I called back on 4/27/01 and was told that my case is with an officer as of 4/25/01 and there is no prior record which says that it was with an officer as of 4/5/01. so I was asked to wait for couple of weeks. I don\'t trust this either. But all that I could do is just wait as 470 days have not passed yet.

So, we are all there with you, you are not alone. Hope this makes you feel better.....

No Title

Thank you for sharing your experience--I am sure my story is not that special but it is good to know that I haven\'t been singled out by fate to suffer the insufferable.

I have waited for so long and might as well wait on since I don\'t have other options. But it is really nerve racking when all your friends got theirs approved when they filed at the same time with you.

What is going to happen when 470 days have passed? Can you demand your case be expedited?

Thanks.

No Title

Not Really. My ID and ND are Nov 1999. I called a couple of times. First time they told me that they are processing Aug 1999. Second time they said they are processing around the same time as my D. She asked me to wait for a couple more weeks. I don\'t have any hope of getting the approval in the next couple of week. I know a few friends who applied before me are still waiting. So, I guess I would have to wait.